Answered

Adding a video

• 2 November 2021
  • 15 replies

I tried adding a video to the welcome screen of my form but was unable. I did all the step from the video but I click to paste the link it does not allow. Thoughts? 

icon

Best answer by picsoung 3 November 2021, 20:03

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JunBug Happy Tuesday! Could you share the link you’re trying to add to the form? Please note that we only support YouTube and Vimeo links, and the videos must be public to display in the form. 

Yeah, I can’t even add the link at all 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JunBug - welcome to the community and that’s weird.. 

i just created a quick test and it’s on the page… 

Thank you. I will test it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JunBug - all i did was to copy the link of the youtube video and paste it into the form

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @JunBug 

Maybe this is a good usecase to try out our other product: VideoAsk

Especially if you want to gauge potential guests and want to evaluate their storytelling skills.
You will receive video answers instead of text answers.

Yeah, I thought about that in the past. Many times they have their publicist applying on their behalf. For the situations when the individual themselves is apply it maybe a cool idea.   

I am afflicted with the same problem. I am unable to paste a YouTube link in the area shown; it is greyed out and I’m unable to paste anything.

Any suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @rbsunshine Once you paste the URL there, it will then allow you to click the “Add” button, like shown below: 

If I could paste a URL there, I would. That’s my problem. It will not allow me to paste a URL inside that field. It prevents me from doing so.

What must I do to let Typeform allow me to paste URL in this field?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @rbsunshine Since I can’t reproduce the issue, could you send a video of what happens when you try to add a video link there? 

Additionally, if you’re not already, could you try using the Chrome browser? 

I didn’t know how else to share this screen share video, so here is its YouTube link:

Yes I am using Chrome, too.

Thanks for any help

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @rbsunshine Thank you! This helped a lot. 

You’ll want to change the layout to one of the top three here: 

which should then allow you to add a video to the form. Let me know if that doesn’t work!

Got it! Works now!! Thank you…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yay!!! Glad to hear that worked, @rbsunshine ! Let us know if we can help with anything else.