Answered

Average score with variable amount of questions

• 28 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

Im building a typeform that will have a core structure of 30 some questions, which based on the answers provided here, will lead to one of 4 typeforms. Each of the four typeforms has a unique logic structure which means, that as the users goes through one of the 4 TypeForms their answers to some of the first questions will determine how many questions they go through in total. There is a branching logic behind each TypeForm which means the user journey through can vary depending on the users answers.

Is there any way that I can calculate an average score based on the answers? all equations I have come across requires a divide with the amount of questions (In this case that will only be possible to know if I code each potential combination one by one). Is there a smarter way? otherwise im looking at 800-1000 questions and the following 4-5.000 rules. 

It is a very easy task in excel, so I hope it is just me not knowing how to apply this logic to a TypeForm.. 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 28 February 2023, 19:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@IHUPFELD - it sounds like you need to have the logic in place to add to (sub)score variable(s) with each answer to a question and to create and increment a ‘counter variable’ for every question that the user does answer on the path they follow. 

that way if a user takes Path A and answers 22 question or Path B and answers 33 questions, the total score variable for the questions answered on the respdective paths will be divided by the number of questions in the counter variable. 

des

Thank you for your answer. Just so I understand correctly. If I then setup the logic on the first question, and then duplicate the question simply customizing the question and answers, I would only have to build the logic once? 

I am new to typeform, so im doing my best to understand. 

thanks, Ida

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

sorta… the logic rule will be duplicated to the next question BUT you will have to look at the rule parameters

ie if q1 says “if q1 = a add 1 to vscore; if q1=a add 1 to vcounter”

if you duplicate it to q1, the defition stays the same, so you would nee to edit to read 

• if q2 =1 …. note the q2 is required (and a change) to make sure you are getting the correct details into the logic

des

Hi Des, 

Thank you very much for the answer. The form works now :)

/Ida