Answered

Can i use answers from one form to create a new form

• 15 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all. I’m totally new to typeform and currently subscribed on the Basic account.

It looks really good but here’s the scenario I’ve got - can you tell me if I’m dreaming of the impossible?

I want to take answers from a question in one form, and use that info to ask another question in a second form. 

For example, a question in Form A asks users which items they sell and they can choose from the multiple select: apples, oranges, bananas.

Let’s say they selected Apples and Bananas.

I then want a Form B to ask “how much are you charging for Apples” then another question “How much are you charging for Bananas”

They didn’t select Oranges, so it is ignored.

Does this outcome sound possible?

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 September 2021, 23:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Stephen Hall Happy mid-week! Will the respondents be answering the second form right after the first? If not, will you be storing the data somewhere, like a CRM system? 

Hi Liz,

Happy hump day to you too!

The answers from Form A will also populate a Google Sheet but yes, the second form would ideally be sent out immediately on completion of the first (using their specific answers to give only the relevant questions)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Stephen Hall Ok, got it! Makes sense. I made a video below explaining how you could set this up, depending on what questions you’re asking. 

Hopefully this makes sense, but let me know if you have any questions!