Answered

Can you remove the 'required' * from a question (while it is still 'required')

• 6 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

When developing a survey its cool to see which questions are marked as ‘required’ through the use of *. But when the survey goes live people are asking me ‘why is there an asterisk on this question?’. Is it possible to hide the asterisk for a survey when it goes live?

icon

Best answer by Liz 6 January 2022, 18:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RogerX Welcome to the community! I hope you’re having a good week so far. 

If the question is marked as required, it isn’t possible to remove the *. You could add a note at the beginning of the form which states that any question marked with the * is required. :grinning:

Userlevel 2

Thanks Liz, I have used the note as suggested.

However this isn't the first time I have had this question. I wonder if in the future there could be an option to ‘suppress’ the *, in published typeforms… as removing it would not have huge significance to users as they do not know its purpose….

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RogerX This isn’t something on the roadmap, but if that changes, I’ll post so here. :grinning:

Sorry guys but this is super frustrating. What if every question is mandatory, everything shows an asterisk? The fact that this isn’t configurable makes zero sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @shmval Thanks for popping by and sharing your feedback - I’ll pass this along to the product team.