Answered

Checkbox Values into Hubspot

• 17 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi y’all,

I'm trying to make a survey in Typeform with multiple questions having multiple checkboxes. The idea is that each checkbox generates a value that I then can import into Hubspot to make a calculation for personal score.

However, I already have some difficulties to set up a quiz in general, let alone give each answer of the multiple checkbox a value to generate a score with. 

Where should I start first?

icon

Best answer by Liz 17 February 2021, 19:52

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @1mlnsubs ! Thanks for stopping by. While we don’t currently have checkboxes in Typeform, we do support passing Single/Multi-line text, Score, Dropdown and Multiple Choice properties into Hubspot. 

When calculating the score in Hubspot, you could use their workflows to set this up. What I would suggest is the following (some of this you may have already done): 

1. Figure out what the scoring system you’d like is. For example, Answer 1 is three points, Answer 2 is five, etc. 
  2. Then, setup the questions in Typeform and map them to fields in Hubspot. 
  3. Next, setup a workflow in Hubspot that will trigger after a form submission or once a Hubspot field has been update. You can then adjust the scoring in that workflow based on answers. 

This is a very general idea/setup, but if you don’t mind sharing more information about where you’re currently stuck or what you’d like help with first, I’m happy to dive in deeper!

Hi @Liz,

Thank you for your reply and, although it cost quite some time, it seems to work with the workflow of Hubspot. 

I had to make a single-line property within Hubspot and then in a workflow give it a numerical value, so it could be included in calculations. 

However, there are two problems that I continue to face when it comes to the integration with Hubspot. Firstly, not all of my surveys want to integrate with Hubspot and when I'm at step 3, it keeps on giving an error message: “Oops! Something went wrong”. I already cleared my cache and also don't see anything wrong in the code where the survey is embedded. Furthermore, the form is created within Hubspot, but the changes are not saved in Typeform.

Secondly, a trigger is set; so if someone fills in the Typeform, the workflow in Hubspot should be activated. However, the data from Typeform is sent to the properties of Hubspot, yet the workflow is not triggered. Is this a lack of communication from Typeform to Hubspot or the other way around?

Hope you can help with this.

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @1mlnsubs - glad to hear the first part of your setup worked!

As for the issue connecting, sometimes this happens when the token is out of date (the piece that connects Typeform and Hubspot together). If you haven’t already, can I have you try adding your Hubspot account again when first setting up the integration? You should see an option called, “Add account.”

Would you mind sending a screenshot of your workflow in Hubspot? It’s possible that a setting just needs to be changed to trigger the workflow or I can offer another suggestion. :grinning:

Hi @Liz,

After waiting 24 hrs, the problem resolved itself. I don't know what happened but it now seems to work.

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@1mlnsubs ah, such is tech ha! Glad it figured itself out. :) If you do find any further issues with the integration, let me know, and I’ll be happy to take a look into it!