Answered

Closed Answers

• 4 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello,

I would like your help to the following..

I need to create a poll form, in order to people be able to vote for favourite item. But I want to certify that every person has vote only once and valid.

For that reason, I gave them receipts and I put a question (number) and I am asking to put the last two digits of their receipt to the question. How can I set the question to accept only specific numbers/digits/letters?

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 6 October 2021, 20:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @abc1 Happy Monday! I would suggest using logic jumps to check for certain receipts/numbers. The downside to this is that, depending on how many you need it to check for, it could take a bit of time to setup. Essentially, you’d setup a logic jump that would look like this: 

for every number you’d like the form to check for. 

Would this work for you? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @abc1 Happy Monday! I would suggest using logic jumps to check for certain receipts/numbers. The downside to this is that, depending on how many you need it to check for, it could take a bit of time to setup. Essentially, you’d setup a logic jump that would look like this: 

for every number you’d like the form to check for. 

Would this work for you? 

Hey Liz,

Yeap this seems to work for me. Unfortunately, I need to do this for 100 numbers so we will see if we proceed with this option or just checking manually the answers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah yes, that’s quite a bit! Hopefully the workaround helps a little, @abc1 . Let us know if you think of any other questions in the meantime. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@abc1 - one potential option you could use: connect the typeform to a google sheet and use the google sheet to validate if the receipt number was used more than once… ie sort the data on the tab by the field_name and the time_stamp. 

if there are duplicate entries, only accept the first one as being valid when you tally your results. 

just a thought

Userlevel 1
Badge

@abc1 - one potential option you could use: connect the typeform to a google sheet and use the google sheet to validate if the receipt number was used more than once… ie sort the data on the tab by the field_name and the time_stamp. 

if there are duplicate entries, only accept the first one as being valid when you tally your results. 

just a thought

It could be also a solution instead of manually cross check. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you, @john.desborough !! Let us know if you use any of these solutions, @abc1 .