Answered

Compare variables based on points accumulated / weight

• 11 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Apologies if this was answered somewhere - I tried looking through community posts but many of the use cases seem very specific and/or more complex.

I am trying to see if Typeform is capable of weight-based outcomes (as opposed to the score range).

• For the sake of simplicity, let’s say we are doing a quiz to find out what is your spirit animal: Cat, Dog, Mouse, Owl.
  • Each of those spirit animals would be a variable that accumulates points based on answers (only by increments of 1).
  • There would be a series of 10 multiple-choice questions and a specific selection adds weight (+1) to the specific spirit animal (i.e. favorite food “seafood” would add +1 to “cat”, while “steak” would add +1 to “dog”).
  • After user goes through the 10 questions, they would be shown which spirit animal they are based on the variable that has the highest score accumulated.
  • Ideally the “winning” spirit animal would also be assigned to a variable that then could be used for mapping properties through one of the many integrations.

Is this possible with Typeform?

icon

Best answer by Liz 12 May 2023, 11:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @waltermelon Would you be able to use the outcome quiz for this? 

Hi @Liz - thank you for sharing the link, that is helpful and should cover most of our use case!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Woot! Glad to hear it, @waltermelon . Outcome quizzes are thankfully pretty easy to set up. If you’re open to sharing the form once you’ve built it, I’d love to see it! I always need some inspiration ha.