Answered

Conditional dropdown list

Hi all!

I have the following need:

I am trying to design a form to collect info on 4000+ schools. 

I am contacting 300+ cities, that should be able to inform me on those schools. 

I have the list of cities, divided by district and the list of schools on each city.

Ideally the person would select the district from a dropdown, then select the city from another dropdown (would only see the cities in that district), and then would select the school from another dropdown (would only see the schools in that city).

How can I do this without creating 300+ dropdown lists? Is there anyway to read values from a list, considering the district+city?

Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz 12 May 2022, 22:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MarianaFigueiredo Thanks for stopping by the community! I’m afraid we don’t have a conditional dropdown list like this. You would have to create logic jumps to show a different dropdown according to previous selections. 😪

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @MarianaFigueiredo 

As @Liz mentioned, you would need to create all the dropdowns and the logic together.

While it might be cumbersome to build all the dropdowns by hand, if you already have the data organized in some ways like in a big excel file, or CSV. You could use our Create API to generate this form.

Hello, I am building a application form for applying to a trade school, I need to have the customer enter their city/state/zip. My goal is to have this done with “drop down” selection to eliminate any error down the line in the application process. Whatever state that they select in the first drop down I am needing it to go to another drop down for them to select only the Cities within the state that they selected. Is there a proper way to get this done easily without a ton of work? Possibly a setting while building the form that is integrated?

I appreciate your time and help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Quacy10 Added your post here where we have the answer. Let us know if you have any other questions! 😀