Question

"Configuring Typeform Platform for Advanced Survey Features"

• 3 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello I am making a test form but i need to confirm that typeform can do it or at least have the tools to make possible the following configurations:

a. Suspension Criteria: Configure Typeform to trigger suspension after four consecutive items receive a score of 0 (never).

b. Reverse Sequence: Implement a reverse sequence function. If two consecutive items receive a score of 0, the survey should automatically backtrack to the previous item. For example, if the respondent scores 0 points on items 4 and 5, the survey should jump back to item 3.

c. Starting Point: Enable the survey to begin based on the age of the respondent.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Santiago De las Heras Happy Tuesday! I hope you’re having a great week so far. 

To answer your questions, 

1. Do you mind clarifying what you’re looking to do? Are you looking to prevent a user from being able to respond again if they have received a 0 after so many tries? If so, I’m afraid we don’t have this feature. 
  2. If you haven’t already taken a look at our logic jumps, this article here can give you a good overview and may be helpful to reference while you’re building this in your form. 
  3. Are you asking the respondent their age? If you could explain this a bit more, too, that would be great!

I am working with a psychometric test where certain adaptive skills are being evaluated.

The test will begin with a specific question determined by the participant's age. This approach helps save time for participants by avoiding questions that may be too easy o to difficult for them. If a participant encounters difficulty in answering questions within their designated 'age group,' and they receive a score of 0 for two consecutive questions, they will be directed to a simpler exercise targeting the same skill.

If a participant encounters difficulty in answering questions within their designated 'age group' and they receive a score of 0 for two consecutive questions, they will be directed to a simpler exercise targeting the same skill. However, it's important to note that these 0 scores are not considered incorrect responses but rather indicators of the participant's inability to answer or comprehend the questions. If a participant continues to receive 0 scores for two more consecutive questions in the simplified exercise, it suggests that the participant has reached their limit. We stop the test because our goal is to prevent participants from experiencing unnecessary stress due to repeated 0 scores.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ohhh ok, got it, @Santiago De las Heras ! @john.desborough do you have a cheat sheet for this? I know you’ve provided a variable solution for this before (I believe). 

For now, I have been attempting to configure these settings using logic functions.

Starting Point by Age: I had to create an initial age question that serves as a reference to direct the participant to their corresponding 'age-based starting section' using logic arguments. For example, if the respondent's age is less than 6, they start at question 1; if they are 6 or older, they are directed to question 8 without the need to answer preceding questions up to 8.

Reverse Sequence: If two consecutive items receive a score of 0, the survey should automatically backtrack to the previous item. For instance, if the respondent scores 0 points on items 4 and 5, the survey should revert to item 3.

To achieve this, I manually select a question and employ a logical function that, if a participant answers 0 in question 5 and also answers 0 in question 4, the survey should redirect them to question 3 (moving two questions back).

Regarding the suspension criteria, I'm employing a similar approach as the reverse sequence, but with the condition of four consecutive answers being 0. After meeting this criterion, the participant is directed to the end of the test. The challenge here lies in the fact that when attempting to apply this logic, it tends to trigger the reverse sequence or encounters an error due to the participant's starting point being higher than the items before it.