Answered

Differentiating answer types by variable to show generate different scores

• 3 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I am working on creating an internal behavioral assessment tool where in the user has to respond to each question by ranking the answer.

Each answer corresponds to a different variable - for example, 

What is your favourite colour? 
Answer 1) yellow - corresponds to variable a 
             2) blue - correspond to variable b 

And so on.

Depending on the rank allotted to variable a, the total points allotted will differ. I needed typeform to calculate the different scores for each variable individually and then give an overall ranking for each variable based on the differentiated score.

I wanted to know if it possible to do this with typeform? If yes, does anyone know how to configure the logic to execute this?

If it helps i have worked out the logic on Excel and run a test, it works seamlessly there however, i needed to integrate it here with typeform. I’m new to using typeform and would be grateful for any and all help!

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Mariana 3 March 2021, 12:08

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ACASH. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

The ranking question was released not a long time ago and the additional feature to use the calculator along with that isn't an option yet. That said, Typeform wouldn't be able to calculate scores based on the ranked options. However, if you decide to use a different question type, then this would be doable! 🙂 More information about this topic can be found here.

Let us know if you can think of a different workflow using a different question type and we'll be happy to help further!