D

After selecting an item from A, B, C, or D, each item goes to the question
“When would you like the item delivered”

Drown-down with available times

Then it goes to the question

“Would you like to add to your order?”

Yes

No

If the customer answers Yes, and I use Logic to return the customer to “Which menu would you like to see?” it takes them back to the slide where they already made a selection, and if they change the selection typeform doesn’t count it as adding to the order, rather a replacement.

So, I duplicated the Menu slides and put them after the Yes/No question so if the customer answers “Yes”, it will take them to a “new menu” but the customer won’t know because it’s the same menu just duplicated.

HOWEVER, after duplicating the menu slides and moving them to a different position in the slide order, the logic doesn’t duplicate, and I’m stuck with manually editing the logic for every single slide and that will take hours to do on a 15 slide menu that’s duplicated 10 times, that’s 150 slides of logic that I have to edit… this is ridiculous -- is there no way to duplicate logic with a duplicated slide?

It should work like this…

After I duplicate the “which menu would you like to see?” slide and move it after the “would you like to add to your order slide” the logic should duplicate instead of returning to the previous “when would you like the item delivered” slide. Does this make sense? It’s not easy to explain but it feels like it should be simple.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@icookdelivery - actually, the logic DID duplicate.. what you (and i, along with many others) like is that it does NOT duplicate but rather “modifies relative to the current/new question” 

the quick way to create the duplicates is to use a Question Group for each menu set - create one, complete with the logic (yeah … i know) , and then duplicate the Question Group the number of times you need it - ie 10 as you mention. 

it does mean that you will still have to go in and update the logic of each question but it does make it a relatively faster way to create the questions

des

Your reply is confusing to me.

What do you mean by a Question Group?

If I create this Question Group, complete with the logic and duplicate the Question Group, how does this solve my problem… you then say that I still have to update the logic of each question… which is what I´m already forced to do… how is this faster?

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I have the same question: a repeated set of questions for which I would like to inherit the logic instead of duplicating questions one by one and set the logic every time. 

Any idea ?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Jenny-Healint at present unfortunately the way to do this is still by duplicating the questions and updating the logic manually (as @john.desborough mentioned, the quickest way is using Question Groups). Unless some clever soul here in on our community has found a faster solution 👀

I believe that the problem here is that Typeform is missing a few pieces in order to be “Turing Complete”. The capacity to create a question group with internal logic, and different variables isn’t possible at the current iterations. It also lacks language to allow recursion which would make it so much more capable. So it can never, in it’s current form, be mistaken for a computer “language”. And lacking any transportability of the questions or logic to other “languages” may be a good idea in a Delibertian ‘pointy-haired’ sense, walled gardens have always meant that a product has a finite life span.