Answered

Editing the social share icons

It seems I cannot find a way to:

1. Select which social share icons I want to use in my ending slide
  2. Edit the links of any social share icons in my ending slide

If there any way I can achieve the above two?

Thanks,

Themba

icon

Best answer by Mariana 28 April 2021, 12:06

View original

42 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Themba. Happy Wednesday! :hugging:

At the moment, you can enable/disable the social icons as shown in the video below:

However, you wouldn't be able to select which social share icons you'd like to use nor edit the links - but I agree this would be a great feature!

Hope this helps =)

Hi. How can I put WhatsApp share icon instead of Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mango1515 - welcome to the community from a fellow user. 

at the moment, Typeform does not have the capability to add  WhatsApps but it has been mentioned to the product team as a future possibility. 

des

Userlevel 3

I find this adjustment, to be able to choose which icon we put, essential.

I don't have a twitter account nor a linkedin account! 

I would like buttons that lead to my Facebook page and my website.

If we can't edit the buttons, what's the point? How to lead our customers on our Facebook page, for example?

Buttons for Whatsap or Telegram would be interesting too, but less urgent.

hello, is there a way to see who shares your typeform once you add social icons to your end screen?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sidneyquitorio8 Thanks for stopping by the community! I’m afraid we don’t have this feature available. :disappointed_relieved:  Let us know if we can answer anything else!

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same problem, why can’t I put in the links to our social accounts? If I can’t do that, the buttons don’t do anything so I feel like either I’m missing something or this was a huge oversight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @vlink Can you share the URL of your form so we can test the social buttons for you? Thanks!

Userlevel 2

Seriously though;

if the social icons are not active, what on earth are they doing on the form? I cann see users clicking away in frustration, not knowing if it’s intentional or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @johna If you have the social share icons turned on in the form, the respondent should be able to click those and share your form directly in the corresponding social accounts. If that’s not working for you, can you share the URL of your form? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, when will this problem be fixed by the product team? It’s a pretty simple technical thing and essential for using typeform. I think it’s a pretty expensive service if it doesn’t allow you to do things like this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @IDK What is the problem you’re looking to have solved? The social icons are functioning and you should be able to set them up on your ending so your respondents can share the form after completion. 

If you’re having troubles setting this up, please let us know. 

So when doing the ending, and the social media links comes up. Can’t you add in your Instagram and delete others like linkedin?

What are dimensions for the front page photo?
It always cuts off my head no matter what size i do it in :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ashpash The social share icons redirect the respondent to share the form on their own social pages, so we don’t have a way to edit which social icons appear or direct them to your social pages. 

As for images, this article here can walk you through best practices for image sizes. 

If u accidently Published your form, but didn’t mean to...how do u unpublish?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ashpash You can close your form to new responses following the process here:grinning:

Respectfully, who would want to ‘share their form’ on social media?  The purpose of the buttons is so that they can follow the company social media, not share the form.  Do you honestly believe people are saying “Wow, what a great survey, I should share this!”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@riallus There are lots of different types of surveys that are worth sharing! For example, if you have a trivia quiz or a personality quiz, it could be fun to share with others to see how they score/what personality they have. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I agree with previous comments, it’s surprising that Typeform doesn’t allow us to provide links to our own social media pages, as well as giving us the option to include or exclude specific social media platforms.

The use case for Typeform’s client wanting to share their social media links is much higher than the survey respondent wanting to share the survey.

The way I got around this is to simply write on the end page, “Follow us on social media! IG, FB, LI” and then I created a link for IG, another link for FB, and a third link for LI that takes the survey respondent directly to my company’s social media page. Bit of a hack workaround but better than nothing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Pairadime That makes complete sense. Are you looking to have a share button only to your social pages or anything else related to those, like posting directly on your pages? 

Userlevel 1

I agree with the comments above. It’s kind of baffling to me that we cannot put our own social links onto a form. This is a big deal for our clients. Liz, this would be something on the last slide that says “Thanks for taking our survey, don’t forget to follow us on social media: Links/logos to our own social channels. Has there been progress on this feature?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Liz , just want to have share buttons to our social pages. Don’t need them to post directly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @Pairadime . Since we don’t have this feature currently, I’ll share this with the product team. Let us know if you think of anything else. 😁

I agree with the comments above. It’s kind of baffling to me that we cannot put our own social links onto a form. This is a big deal for our clients. Liz, this would be something on the last slide that says “Thanks for taking our survey, don’t forget to follow us on social media: Links/logos to our own social channels. Has there been progress on this feature?

I totally agree with you. @Liz TypeForm might create a new “Form Structure” with a different “End Screen”. Basically you could create two different “End Screen” types:

1. “Share” End Screen: the one available right now, where the client can decide to allow respondents to share the survey on selected social media (one might have a precise campain strategy and should be free to decide the social media to share or not the survey)
  2. “Social Media” End Screen: a new End Screen where the client can request the respondents to follow their social media, allowing the client to select which social media logo to use and connect the link toward their personal social media page.

It shall be extremely easy for you to do this improvement so please add this feature.