First name last name fields

Userlevel 2

I would like to have a name capture field that is split in two for First name and Family name.
Is that possible?

Liz 2 years ago

Thanks, @JayG and @Fabienne for the feedback! Our product team is working on a contact field, and once we know more about what that specifically includes, we’ll post about it here. :grinning:

View original

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @nickofnz. Welcome to the Typeform Community :hugging:

It's not possible to split the answer from a question at the moment. You'd need to add a question asking for the first name, then another one for the last name (short text should work well for this purpose!) I'll make sure to forward your feedback to the product team =)

Let us know if you have any other suggestions! We're all ears.

@Mariana I would like to echo the request for this kind of feature. My use case is slightly different: I want to be able to have customers give a list of dates they are available to schedule a photoshoot. It would be great if they could supply as many dates as they like. I’m hesitant to make it a short/long response question because I’d like the dates to be in a consistent format. (I also asked this in my own question here.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paul McDowell - would something like this work?? Matrix question

des

@john.desborough it’s certainly possible, though we’d then have to keep going in and updating those options as time passes

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paul McDowell - yes, that’s the drawback but it is a minimal amount of editing … at least until the full and direct integration with Calendly (or similar comes along) …. @Liz has created a post on how to integrate with Calendly as best we can now..

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Gah! I always forget about all the things you can do with the matrix question. Thanks, @john.desborough !

I am looking for the same feature of having a first and last name box! I feel separating it into two pages won’t work as well :(

Userlevel 2

@Mariana 

I bumped into this a few years ago, and expected this feature would have been implemented years ago, because it is a no brainer. It seems like a waste of a process, page and time to ask for a first name and surname separately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @johna Thanks for stopping by! We don’t receive a whole ton of requests for this feature, which is why it hasn’t been made a priority yet. But I’m happy to pass along your feedback. :grinning:

Userlevel 2

Thanks @Liz 

@Mariana

I bumped into this a few years ago, and expected this feature would have been implemented years ago, because it is a no brainer. It seems like a waste of a process, page and time to ask for a first name and surname separately.

I’m shocked myself. Really hope they fix this soon.

My +1 for this feature too

Hello typeform community

I need urgent help in changing the answer format to include a second field. By way of explanation, I’m asking someones name and would like to have the answer fields to be 1 for first and 1 for last.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Elonie92 welcome to the community! I added your post here where we have the answer. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Hi @Elonie92 welcome to the community! I added your post here where we have the answer. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks Liz, so there’s no way to do it ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Elonie92 You can add the fields individually, so one short field for first and one for last. Though, the fields will appear one after the other since our forms show one question at a time. 

Chiming in to spur the request velocity… I need this feature too. Hope it can be in the pipeline soon!

Userlevel 1
Badge

+1 want (two fields for one question type “Split Name”)

I also would like the ability to include separate first and last name fields on the same TypeForm page.

We would also have the ability to include the first and last name on the same TypeForm page. And also, we would like to have the option to put more questions into one TypeForm page. We want to know the gender, first and last name, company name and e-mailaddress after our quiz, so we can send them by e-mail the results and other mails of our flow. Now, we have to make 5 TypeForm pages for this information, which will make our conversion way lower than all questions at one page….. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @JayG and @Fabienne for the feedback! Our product team is working on a contact field, and once we know more about what that specifically includes, we’ll post about it here. :grinning:

I would like to have a name capture field that is split in two for First name and Family name.
Is that possible?

I’d love to have this feature also!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @angeloagency ! Our product team is working on a contact block, which may have this feature. If we have any updates on this, I’ll post it here!

First and Last name fields in the same slide is essential.

Adding to the requests for this feature