Question

Has someone ever created a percentage calculator before?

• 5 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hello everyone, 

I’m trying to create a “how much would you save with us” calculator but to no avail. I’ve done thousand tests, tried setting numerous variables and the logic chart doesn’t seem to be responding adequately. 

Has someone done something similar so I can take a look at their breakdown to try and replicate? I’m on a deadline and these have been the most stressful weeks of my life. I’m certain my formula is pretty close to functioning but I obviously don’t see the missing piece. 

Help please!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @papurilla Happy Monday! Would you mind sending screenshots of what you have setup so far? 

@john.desborough might also be able to provide some suggestions, too. 

Badge

Hola @Liz Thank you, I’d be happy to. 

Minor little detail/inconvenience. It’s in Spanish 🙃

Should I send them anyway? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@papurilla -0 yes please.. send the details and we can look into it.. 

des

Badge

Hola @john.desborough

Amazing. Appreciate it. I’ll be as thorough as possible.

The main concept of this typeform is to show (in percentages) how much a prospect would save using our eCommerce fulfilment services instead of doing it in-house. 

First “variable” to take into consideration is the amount of orders (“pedidos”) they receive a day. Ideally, it could be any number (ranging from 1 to 5,000) and have that answer multiplied by 252 (which refers to the working days through the year: 12*21). 

I wasn’t able to do so, so I programmed 50 possibilities. 

I’m sure I’ve already messed up. Now before heading to question number 3, I was hoping the calculation between ‘the number of orders a day’ multiplied by ‘252’ should be established as the “score” of question 2. 

Question number three intends to multiply the size/volume of their orders with the total “score” from question 2.

So, for example: I have 30 orders a day which means question number 2 should multiply 30*252 and have that result (7,560) multiplied by the selected option of weights offered in question number 3. 

These weight options have a specific shipping price assigned to them. So I created weight variables for this question. In my head the logic process would be: have the selected weight option (with a variable already assigned to it) be multiplied by the total score from Q2. 

So, up to this point we should have: ‘number or orders variable’*252= resultQ2*weight list option variable=newresultQ3

Question 4 -is where I kinda get lost because there are so many conditions to be put in place for each answer and I can’t seem to connect the dots.
Preferably, we would now want the total score of Q3 be taken into account for this question. The warehousing options we offer have a specific value (hence: the almacenaje variable). The logic being: newresultQ3+50(this an extra fee for software)+the selected warehouse location variable. 

Leaving us with a computed newresultQ4.

For Q5 we follow the same pattern. Use the newresultQ4 and have that score be the base for this new calculation. Which is personnel.

Logic being: newresultQ4+(extras variable(95,5)+4,000(employees expenses))*12 

I’m aware the logic setup is incorrect. It could be 4,095 as a variable altogether multiplied by 12 instead.

The desired goal to obtain the percentages result is: newresultQ3 - (minus) newresultQ5/newresultQ3

Any suggestions on how that may be achievable/obtainable are very much appreciated. 

Thank you in advance! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@papurilla - i’ll look into this later today (eastern time zone) and give you some thoughts into the evening my time.. 

des

Badge

Hi, @john.desborough sorry to bother.

Were you able to take a look?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Tagging @john.desborough one more time for you, @papurilla !