Answered

How can I customize the address hints?

• 14 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Our form includes address fields, in which Typeform displays a Palo Alto, California address as the hints (see screenshot). Our service area is restricted to San Francisco, so we’d like to customize those hints to display a San Francisco address rather than a Palo Alto address. But I don’t see that option under Settings > Messages > Buttons, hints, and shortcuts. How can I do it? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Liz 14 February 2023, 17:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Friends of the Urban Forest Happy Valentine’s Day! (If you celebrate it.) We don’t have the option to change the hints in the address field yet, but I can share this feedback with our product team. 

I’m wondering if there’s a way of customising the “Address” question type. At the moment the help text that gets displayed in each field are very US centric which may not lend themselves to other continents or countries. For example, here in the UK, it would be really useful to be able to change the help text in those fields so rather than City/Town appearing as “Palo Alto” we could rename that to reflect a City in the UK, or rather than State appearing as “California” we could rename that to reflect a County in the UK.

hi thanks for this update 

couple issues, we are based in UK the fields pre populated are for USA this should be able to edit so you can have what you like as you don’t seem to be able to edit this now or change it 

adding or removing fields somehow don’t work just makes it optional or mandatory requirement to fill out this again should be optional and to be able to add and remove filed 

As much as i appreciate the address option, technology has far moved on from manually editing your address as your only option, you should be able to input your post code as an example and the algorithm should pull up the location and then you select your address 

reason when you are populating forms you want quick efficient solution that don’t take much of your time 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Gcvdev I’ve added your post here where we have the answer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Unique I’ve added your comment here where we have this discussion. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Added a small update over here!