Answered

How do i use email as a hidden field so that even if the respondents don't fill in their email, the data is collected?

• 25 February 2023
  • 12 replies

I want to use email as a hidden field so that my respondents don’t have to fill in the email and I can track as well. How do I set that logic. I have seen all articles and videos but still clueless. Is it that I need Typeform to be integrated with my CRM to use this field?

icon

Best answer by jeremielp 25 February 2023, 23:23

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello,@Nehak how is your day try to follow these link https://community .typdform.com/build-your-typeform-7/how-do-i-use-email-as-a-hidden-field-so-that-even-if-the-respondents-don't -fill-in-their-email-the-data-is-collected-8653

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@NehaK, tell us:

• where do you store the emails
  • how you share the Typeform with your respondents\

That would help to know what is the best option.

This video could help you too: 
https://www.typeform.com/help/a/using-hidden-fields-360052676612/

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hello,@Nehak how is your day try to follow these link https://community .typdform.com/build-your-typeform-7/how-do-i-use-email-as-a-hidden-field-so-that-even-if-the-respondents-don't -fill-in-their-email-the-data-is-collected-8653

This is the link of this thread, where @Nehak is asking the question. I am not sure that pointing a user to its own question is very useful...

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

---

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @NehaK Were you able to pass in the email to your form? Let us know if you still need help!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi - I’ll re-ask the question:

If you are sending an embedded 1 question typeform survey (i.e. nps) via hubspot email - how do you associate responses to the email address of a respondent without the respondent needing to be prompted for nor enter their email address - which you already have? Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@nrom - if you are sending to existing contacts in your hubspot you can do the following: 

• in typeform: create a hidden field/variable called ‘email’ - so that when the users arrive, there is a bucket in which to capture the email address that you will pass to the form. 
  • publish the form again and ‘share’ the link - now it will have an extension to the form url that looks something like this    …. ?email=xxxxx 
    • ‘email’ is the name of the hidden field in the typeform
  • copy that link and use that as the base url to send to your hubspot clients 
    • replace the xxxxx string with the appropriate syntax to pull the email address in the record into the string - not exactly sure but something like {subscriber.email}  - check the hubspot help desk for that info - and the email will be inserted into the url and passed as a hidden field

this way the email address will be sent in the link to the user to click, and will be available in typeform. 

des

Hi, I'm struggling with this same issue. 

I wrote a script to access my gmail account and send emails to a list of emailaddresses I have. I do notice that the email is listed as a [‘<emailaddress>'] but is pushed as [‘<emailaddress> . I'll test it later today with cutting the [‘ but I just received a response of someone who did fill out their email, and the hidden field also got filled (as [‘<emailaddress> . 
my question is, how can I make sure through the typeform UI that someone who doesn't want to be contacted can still have their emailaddress saved? 

The logic clearly works, as proven by the person who did want to be contacted. but shouldn't the logic work in all cases?

For some reason I can't edit my previous comment, but it just got a bit more weird. 

I received one submission where the person chose they did not want to be contacted, but their emailaddress did get registered by the hidden field. 

I checked all my sent emails, but there's no difference between the structure of the URL.

I also want to correct something I got wrong in my previous comment. all addresses are in the url as [‘<address>'] as opposed to above mentioned ['<address>

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @azadii Thanks for stopping by the community! Do you mind sharing more information on how exactly you’re passing the email address in through a hidden field, either through screenshots or if you could share the form URL? Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone, I would like to use hidden fields to collect the email addresses of the respondents.

The process I have in mind is very simple: I send an email to some people with the link to my survey. The respondents will received my email on their Microsoft 365 account, then click on the link and complete the survey. 

My question is: if this is possible, what should I write here (instead of xxxxx)?

I hope I made myself clear, if not I can explain it further.

many thanks, 

Sabrina

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @visualitics.it Thanks for stopping by the community! What CRM system are you using to send out these emails?