Answered

How to assign question answer to a variable

We have a form that collects data from a visitor such as Name and Company Name.

We use the Company Name in a custom field we send to Hubspot and we need to add some text after the company name.

Is there any way to take the answer provided by the user to the company name question and add that to a variable?

Is there anyway to then take this and modify another variable?

Example:

Q. What is your company name?

A. Company ABC, LLC

Now we want to take this answer and assign it to a variable.

Once we have the variable the customer answers another question and based on that answer we might change the text.

The new variable might look like this: Company ABC, LLC - XYZ Services, where the company name came from the answer to the first question.

I have not been able to see how I can recall a question answer is the @ symbol.

Thanks!

Eric

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 9 May 2022, 16:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello, @EABonneyCPA !

Can you explain a bit more about the second question? 

@john.desborough might have some suggestions for updating variable information!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@EABonneyCPA - welcome to the community.. if you are looking to do something like “appending” the “dba Company xyz”  to the name of the company and putting it into a single variable to pass to the CRM, that isn’t possible (from what i understand from Typeform) …. ie q1 = “my company name” and q2 = “des’ tshirts” and wanting to have have logic like this: 

• replace v_full_dba_name with @q1+@q2 

as much as i would love the ability to do that inside typeform (even to make a full name out of questions for first and last name), it isn’t there. 

you SHOULD be able to do this with something like Zapier or Make (formerly Integromat) or even pushing the details to Google Sheet and appending the two columns together in a formula in the spreadsheet THEN pushing the data to Hubspot. 

Note- i don’t use Hubspot, so i cannot comment on Hubspot’s ability to join two fields to make the combined entry. 

des

Thansk to both of you! I didn’t think it was possible but I thought I would at least check.  :) So I will find a work around if possible.

Thanks so much for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know if you find any good workarounds, @EABonneyCPA! 😊

Hi @EABonneyCPA! I’m struggling with the exact same issue right now. Didn’t find any way to send first name + last name (which I asked for in two separate questions) to Hubspot as one unique value.

In case you find any interesting solution, I’d be glad to hear!

Thanks