Answered

How to automate based on number of answers?

Userlevel 1

Hi community :wave:

I would like to create a Typeform to measure brand awareness. I have 6 different partners who each need 1 000 respondents. Every respondent will answer questions about 2 partners.

I have the following questions:

• Is it possible to randomize which partners the respondents receive questions about?
  • When a partners have received 1 000 respondents, is it possible to automate/randomize that this partner no longer will receive any answers and instead the respondents get questions about other partners?

BEST REGARDS :heart:
Jocke

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 2 March 2022, 17:09

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jocke Happy Tuesday! I hope you’re having a great week so far. It isn’t possible to randomize the questions, but you could create a few different versions of the form. Then, depending on which email service provider you’re using, you could do an A/B test to randomly send different emails/forms to different folks. 

As for the second part, I can’t think of a workaround for this at the moment. @mathio or @john.desborough do you have any offhand? :grinning:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - i can’t think of anything.. but then again it’s approaching midnight and i am not fully caffeinated at the moment.. 

des

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Liz and @john.desborough! This is a hard nut to crack :sweat_smile:

Is it possible to change partners during the collection of answers? In that case a solution would be to begin with 2 partners and when their answers have reached a 1 000 each, I manually change the partners. To risky or a possibility? Would would you say @Liz, @john.desborough and @mathio?

Thanks for letting me use your brains :pray:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jocke - hmm..you could create an ‘entry page’ that asked users to guess the answer today’s trivia question - maybe something like, “how long in days was the voyage of the Mayflower to America? (completely made up question from voice #2 in my head) - pick a number between 6 and 64” and use the answer provided to redirect the user to one of the series of typeforms that you would have to create to handle combinations of partners 

ie a typeform for p1 and p2 or p1 and p3 or p1 and p4 or p1 and p5 or p1 and p1 or p2-p3, p2-p4, p2-p5, p2-p6, etc… 

sounds like  pain but create one form and then duplicate. in the first form you set variable for partner name of p1 = xxx and p2 = yyy … then all you have to do is change the name in the variable for each form 

set the response limit to each form to 1000  

when it hits 1000 responses, you will have to remove that form from the rotation in the first question .. 

just a thought now that i have had coffee.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jocke did @john.desborough ‘s solution work for you? :grinning:

Userlevel 1

Hi @Liz and @john.desborough!

I´m in a discussion with my client so we have not tried the solution live yet :sweat_smile:

Would it be possible to only have one form and manually change the partners after a 1000 answers? And if that is possible, how can I do that without screwing up the results?

Thanks again, I love your brains!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jocke - if you create your form using two variables ie partner1 and partner2 and set the default to the name of partners about which you want feedback, you can publish for those two and set the number of responses submitted to be 1000. 

after that survey closes, you can go in and change the variable names to two more partners, re-publish and reset the survey to close after another 1000 responses (ie set the survey to close after 2k responses have been received - i think that is how it would have to be set @Liz??) 

here’s a little video about it

here’s the link to my little demo form - not that you can gather from it other than how i used the @recall function to ask questions about the specific partners. 

des

Userlevel 1

Hi @Liz and @john.desborough!

Thanks for being smarter than me 😀

I have finally a form ready for action:

1. Is it true that the link for the survey will remain the same when I republish? 

2. In the survey above I still have all 6 partners listed. That made me think, is it possible to use logic jumps and manually switch them when reaching 1 000 answers? That would be a easy and simple solution? And I guess I would still keep the answers and statistics for those?

Have a great day 🌞
Jocke

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jocke Yay! Glad to see you got the form working. And look at that little bebe! 

To answer your questions, 

1. Yes, that’s correct!
  2. You could, but I think it might be better to duplicate the form just in case, so you don’t lose the data. You can read more about editing a form that has already collected responses here.

Let us know if you think of any other questions! 

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Liz 😀

1. Is it OK to have all the partners listed even though I just want the first 1000 responders to answer the first 2 questions?
  2. My question groups are so massive and unique for type of partners that the best solution in my opinion would be to keep all the partners in the structure but use logic jumps. What do think about that? Perhaps a question for @john.desborough who made a great video for me 😅

Have a great day!

Jocke

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@jocke - thanks for the kind words!

if you have “massive” question groups that are different for various partners, you might want to consider breaking your master form into a series of forms and passing the users to the correct forms based on redirecting upon completion and logic rules to define the ‘partner path’. this may also help with completion of the form. 

just a thought..

des