Answered

How to customize buttons or hints which are not in Settings ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

I searched in my form settings but could not find how to customize these:

• Continue Button
  • Year/month/day labels displayed above dates
  • Hit Enter even if you have no answer (message)
  • Reload Button
  • Numbers only please… (message)

Can you help me ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Dominique

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 28 May 2021, 15:05

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @doume06 thanks for stopping by! You should be able some of these in the system messages. Have you taken a peek there yet? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Liz,

Thanks for your answer but I can’t see a System Messages category in the Settings. I have only:

Buttons, hints, and shortcuts

Error messages

Loading & completing a typeform

Other

File upload

And nothing that seems to correspond to the messages I listed above.

Any other idea?

Thanks

Dom

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@doume06 - would you be able to load a screen shot of your message screen? just to assist us n trying to troubleshoot the issue

thanks 

des (another user)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@john.desborough 

Here they are above

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@doume06 - sorry\, my bad - before my second coffee: i had intended to mean the Setting tab where you can change the messages from the default to your own.. 

if you are on classic builder your screen should look something like the first image and the new builder like the second.. just trying to determine which one you are using in order to make a recommendation

and now the New Builder version

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’m in New one:

Do you need more screens shots for other messages below ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@doume06 - there are a few places to make some of those changes: 

the submit button should be available in the list of things you can change

the ending page button (and the statement page continue button) is a page level change in the settings: 

some of the other items are interface level language settings which you should be able deal with if you choose the ‘language’ setting to a more appropriate language, if available in the list: 

and it looks like the “Hit enter even if you have no answer” is a message in the description box - that would have to be translated by you. 

hope that helps a little

des

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @john.desborough 

Thanks a lot, I could fix most of the issues except “Hit enter even if you have no answer”.

Where is it to be translated ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

it looks like it is part of the description section of the page.. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@john.desborough 

You are right it was a descrption I wrote and I know how to translate it. Coffee first also in the afternoon :wink:

Thanks again, everything is solved now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Very glad to hear/see!  Hope your form is a success! 

share your results with us some day - we like to see the successes from other users! 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad this is working for you, @doume06 ! Thanks @john.desborough for all the help. :grin: Let us know how your form building goes, @doume06 !

Hi! I’m making a questionnaire in German and I wanted to use a polite form of German (there are two forms of addressing people like “you” my friend or “You” the person that I address politely, but it’s not as simple as writing one with a capital, the whole grammar changes). I have successfully changed the messages that were changable in the “Buttons, hints, and shortcuts”, but to my horror there’s no such option for entering a # number question… So now everywhere I have the polite form, but on the number question, I have the automatic conversational form :(  that’s not good, I cannot have this questionnaire in a conversational form, it’s for a research, please help!

(the text should be “Geben Sie Ihre Antwort ein...” ; it worked for the text questions, but there’s no way to change it for the number question) 

ok, I see the problem is that the create interface and the preview are not totally synchronised, so the text was corrected in the number question (same as for the text question), but the create interface didn’t show it, while it did show it for other questions, but the preview showed it… still, a thing to correct

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @masus Thanks for stopping by and sharing this - I’ll pass the feedback along to our product team. i know they’re discussing adjusting the auto-translations at the moment, so I’ll post any updates on this here. 😀