Answered

How to know how much time people spend in quiz results?

• 28 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

hi! I want to know if there is a way to get information about how much time people spend seing their quiz results? This means, how long there are on screen after submitting the quiz. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 29 October 2021, 05:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @isabelavc nice to see you here again! I’m afraid we don’t have this data available, but I can share this feedback with our product team. 

As always, let us know if you think of any other questions or suggestions!

Badge

Thanks Liz! Could I know how much time each participant spends on each question? For example, if I put the video before people submit the survey, could I know how long were they watching it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@isabelavc - this comes from a user and a Typeform partner: there is nothing native inside Typeform that is going to track how long someone spends on a question. 

One workaround would be to break the typeform into a series of typeforms with a redirect on completion from the first form to the next and so on. If you connect all of the typeform-per-questions to a single google sheet, you would see the submission time for each form - and on a separate tab in the sheet, you could calculate the time difference between submission of form1 and form2 and form2 and form3 etc.. 

it is not all that pretty sounding to set up but once done you can generate a report easily. 

ideally to track the “how long did someone watch the video”, you sort of want to have a PlusThis “Video Triggers” type tool that would be set up to fire off a tag to your CRM solution when your student had reached certain points in the video ie once they watch the first 30 seconds, fire something off that says that ‘des watched the video so set the started-watching-videoX tag to yes’ and when i reach the 30 seconds left in the video, do similar action that says finished-watching-videoX tag to yes. 

Unfortunately that works in Active Campaign, Drip, Hubspot, Keap and Ontraport (according to their website for the tool) and works for youtube, vimeo, wistia and vidalytics 

I am not sure if the Video Triggers tool will work in the embedded video on the Typeform. 

but it’s a thought.. 

des