Question

How to optimise a Typeform?

• 21 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering how are you dealing with the challenges of preparing a great Typeform:construction_site:
Because, the goals we want to achieve with the Typeform usually depend on factors like:

• Asking the right questions,
  • Choosing the right visual content (pictures, videos, icons, emoji, etc.),
  • Finding the proper "Time to complete" according with the responders context and patience,
  • Etc.

I'm curious if you ask for second opinions te help you build or iterate your Typeforms.

I'm also curious if there is any need for a testing group to provide feedback on the Typeforms before launch or even for further optimisations.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Valentin from Pinten - I always get second opinions from about 10-15 people (some are friends and colleagues, others are ‘acquaintances’ from the target market) in order to get a fresh look into my woodlot (not big enough to be a forest). Have been reading some of Thaler’s work on behavioural economics and trying to incorporate some of the ‘nudge’ theory into the design work. If only there was enough time in the day to do all the exploration ….

des

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Valentin from Pinten - I always get second opinions from about 10-15 people (some are friends and colleagues, others are ‘acquaintances’ from the target market) in order to get a fresh look into my woodlot (not big enough to be a forest). Have been reading some of Thaler’s work on behavioural economics and trying to incorporate some of the ‘nudge’ theory into the design work. If only there was enough time in the day to do all the exploration ….

des

That's great @john.desborough. I'm a big fan of Thaler's work. Rory Sutherland has also interesting perspectives on behavioral economics.

Badge +5

Hey @Valentin from Pinten , the idea of a typeform testing group or area in the community is really interesting, I'll think about how to incorporate something like this to the community. 

My colleague @james is on a break now but I'm sure he'll bring some ideas to this post once he's back. 

Maybe @Marta has some ideas about this too? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Valentin from Pinten ,

I’m a bit late to the game here, but I agree with @john.desborough in second opinions! I also think it’s worth building two versions (or a few!) to test and edit the form as you see insights populate. For example, if you are seeing respondents drop off after a certain question, it may be worth editing the question text or seeing if the form is too long. 

We have a few blog posts that cover some ground on creating engaging forms with higher response rates such as 5 landing page tests to run on your website from day one and 11 simple tips for creating better typeforms that may also help you determine which questions to ask and how. 

Hopefully this helps a bit. :) 

Liz

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Valentin from Pinten - great to meet you. I love the idea of a testing group on here, I think it could be really useful and fun :blush:

Regarding help building and optimizing typeforms, this is definitely something I'm hoping this community will help with. In fact, all the things you call out are going to be topics we want people to share their insights about.

In the past we've worked closely with Liz Stokoe (different to our @Liz  but equally amazing) who is a professor of social interaction - to discover how to write and structure forms that convert. What she doesn't know about recipient design just ain't worth knowing . Weirdly enough today I was thinking about touching base with her and see if she'll come on to this community and speak about the science of crafting online interactions. Not making any promises but hopefully she'll be up for imparting some wisdom here :grimacing: Watch this space.

In the meantime we have a couple of articles - this one and this one which both have some tasty morsels of recipient design tips that can be applied to your typeforms. Love to know your thoughts if this sort of subject matter is any use - you too, of course @john.desborough :sunglasses:

Hello,I Also Need help for this because when go for optimization there is confusion For Could You Please Help Me ?

Thanks Advanced:

Regard.: Parnia Zee