Answered

How to Output a Price Range?

• 16 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello!  I was wondering if anyone had any luck with the logic flow/formatting on how to output a “range” in the calculation.  I can easily get the price (@score), but want the final slide to look something like this.

Thanks for taking the assessment.  Your estimated price for this project should fall between X [@score x .95] AND Y [@score x 1.10]. 

Does anyone know how to go about this?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by dwieser 17 August 2022, 04:06

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dwieser - create two variables ie low_end and high_end

then in the logic rules

• always add @score to low_end
  • always add @score to high_end
  • if low_end gt 0 then multiply low_end by .95 (or by 95 then divide by 100 if it won’t accept the .95 - i know sometimes it is silly that way) 
  • if high_end is gt 0 then multiply high_end by 1.1

then on your page you can say the low and high values using the @recall function ie @low_end to @highend

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Wow!  Thank you, John!  I’m very new to Typeform, so I’m hoping you can clarify a few questions from your response.  Pardon my ignorance…

When you say, “create two variables,” are these custom variables?  do I set these up as @low_end = Number 0 or .95?  Same question with @high_end.  How would this be setup initially?

Finally, I’m adding this calculation to every logic step, or just the final one?  If you could show an example of how it would look via one of the step questions, that would be great.

Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dwieser - click on the Logic tab in the upper right of your screen, then Advanced .. you can then create Variables as shown in the image below- leave both values at 0

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you.  Is this how it would look in the logic pane?  I tried it on one question, checked the output, and the score was the same as the high_end/low_end.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

here’s a link to a quick example

here’s the logic i put in place: 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you very much.  I think I’m very close but have two questions.  

1.  The question type you’ve shown is Number.  All of my questions are multiple choice with associated values.  How does that change the logic flow?
  2. How do you get to “S1” from the first question?

Thanks again - Do you do contract work for agencies?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

It’s an example - that i made in 2 minutes. lol… what ever logic you use to accumulate your ‘score’ or base value, you are coming up with a numeric value, if you use @score. 

i had two ‘questions’ in my form as in the screenshot below

and yes, I am one of the Typeform Agency Partners that is listed on this directory - there are a number of them and you can post a “brief” to get Agencies to look at this or any project you want to do with Typeform as a platform. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you - I submitted a brief (I believe for your company), so hopefully we can work together.  I wasn’t sure on price, so advise if I’m in the ballpark or way off.  I’ll need to go back to the client and let them know this extra logic/functionality will need more development.  Most likely can pass through the reasonable expense, so please advise what it would take for you to bring this over the finish line.