Answered

How to randomly show next question\ending

• 15 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi guys

Can I program Typeform in a way that it shows next question OR ending randomly?

I need this for the goal of cusdev research - to test various prices etc

icon

Best answer by Sergei K 15 December 2021, 18:10

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sergei K I hope you’re having a great day so far! We don’t have this feature natively in our forms, but @john.desborough once created a workaround for something similar to this that might also work.

Hi @Sergei K I hope you’re having a great day so far! We don’t have this feature natively in our forms, but @john.desborough once created a workaround for something similar to this that might also work.

Thanks, Liz! Let me see, if I can find that post…

UPD Ugh, struggling… @john.desborough if it’s not too much to ask, sorry for bothering.

But do you by chance remember where you’ve described such solution and would you be so kind to point out? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sergei K - welcome to the community and, um…, with about 2200 replies in here over the past yea, there are a lot of places that i could have mentioned a work around. 

as @Liz says there is no way to do this randomly, so you have to develop your own way to mimic a random walk. there are some options that you can use to get people to go through but it takes a little bit of set up: 

• when someone comes to your form you can ask them for two pieces of information: their first name (so you don’t say ‘hey you’) and then ask them to enter the day of the month ie a range between 1 and 31
  • the number is the key thing: you can start a logic path for odd or even numbers and then in various questions you can put in place something like:
    • if q2 (the day of the month question) is less than 20 and q2 is greater than or equal to 10 then jumpto next question otherwise jump to ending a
  • you can vary your logic walk by putting in additional random math calculations to determine where people go.. 

if you are using your crm system to mail invites out, and you already have the phone number of the recipient, you could trim(phone number field) to get the last digit to use that as a seed for the odd/even and start your logic in the form, by sending the number as a hidden field in the url to the typeform..and then using the hidden field capturing the value in the typeform to do the math walks. 

that’s my thought at the moment.. 

cheers

des

@Sergei K - welcome to the community and, um…, with about 2200 replies in here over the past yea, there are a lot of places that i could have mentioned a work around. 

as @Liz says there is no way to do this randomly, so you have to develop your own way to mimic a random walk. there are some options that you can use to get people to go through but it takes a little bit of set up: 

• when someone comes to your form you can ask them for two pieces of information: their first name (so you don’t say ‘hey you’) and then ask them to enter the day of the month ie a range between 1 and 31
  • the number is the key thing: you can start a logic path for odd or even numbers and then in various questions you can put in place something like:
    • if q2 (the day of the month question) is less than 20 and q2 is greater than or equal to 10 then jumpto next question otherwise jump to ending a
  • you can vary your logic walk by putting in additional random math calculations to determine where people go.. 

if you are using your crm system to mail invites out, and you already have the phone number of the recipient, you could trim(phone number field) to get the last digit to use that as a seed for the odd/even and start your logic in the form, by sending the number as a hidden field in the url to the typeform..and then using the hidden field capturing the value in the typeform to do the math walks. 

that’s my thought at the moment.. 

cheers

des

Wow thank you so much, John! Both for accepting to the community and great answer.

I missed the button and made my post the best answer [facepalm] 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Sergei K - lol.. don’t worry.. what happens in Community, stays in community lol

hopefully it will help..

des

You are gentleman!