Answered

How to restart on a specific question to add a new answer in a tab?

• 11 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hello,

I have built a form to catch up customers needs. As I need a lot of detail on each customer need, the form has to be filled for each product. How can I propose to the customer to fill it again, but from a specific question and not from the start?

Each time the customer fill the form, I have to create a new entry in my google sheet.

Thanks for your support

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 12 January 2023, 16:32

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JeudiMerci Are the customers receiving the link to the form via email and/or is any of their previous data stored in an email service provider (like Mailchimp) or CRM? 

Badge

Hi @Liz Liz

I send them a link to fill the form

Badge

the link is available on Notion or Slake

Badge

The idea is to avoid the user to fill in again the first part of the form as answers are the same as previously.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JeudiMerci - you can use hidden fields to do this.. 

• create the hidden fields in your form for things like email, name and  a variable you can use to as a ‘trigger’ in the logic rules - call it v_trigger for example
  • when you publish the form, the url that is available to be shared includes the name/value pairs of the hidden fields as, for example, email=xxxxx name=xxxxx and v_trigger=xxxx
  • in your logic rules you would set up the rules associated with hidden fields at the start of your form to be something like this: 
    • if v_trigger=xxxxxx go to welcome screen or q1
    • if v_trigger=’yes’ go to q4 (or the start point where you send a repeat user)
  • in your form, if someone wants to ‘add another product’ you can redirect the user on submission of the original form to the SAME typeform but replace the email=xxxxx with the email=email address question response, the name response and set the v_trigger variable to yes
    • if q9 (add another product record question exampls) is yes then replace v_trigger with yes

that should loop the person back to the same form BUT if the trigger variable is set to yes, then it will not go to q1 etc but to the start of the question AND the  new record will have the email and name (if those are the preliminary questions) to be included in the response

just a thought

des

Badge

Hi John

Thanks for this solution. I have to learn about hidden fields and trigger

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JeudiMerci - trigger is just a concept that you are setting a logic rule to look for something and if it exists, take this action.. sort of like “oh my coffee cup is empty, go make another one”.. 

just need to think of setting that condition/trigger in the logic rules at the start of form… 

des

Badge

Hi John,

Issue is Typeform do not copy/paste answers to the first questions. Thus many fields are empty in the second run of the form. Is there a solution to register somewhere that the second run is linked to the first?

My target is to be able to send an email at the end of the last run including previous answers. Is there a solution with hidden field too.

Charles-Henri

Badge

@john.desborough  

Hi John,

Issue is Typeform do not copy/paste answers to the first questions. Thus many fields are empty in the second run of the form. Is there a solution to register somewhere that the second run is linked to the first?

My target is to be able to send an email at the end of the last run including previous answers. Is there a solution with hidden field too.

Charles-Henri