Answered

How to stop user from sending the form

• 28 December 2021
  • 10 replies

Hello,

I’ve a form in which there’s a Yes/No question.

• In case the YES is selected the user continues the form with other questions
  • In case the NO, the user is sent to a final telling him he is not elegible.

The problem I have is that when the user goes go through the "NO" route, the form is also submitted. How can I avoid this?

Basically it's because I have some triggers that fire once the form is submitted.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Liz 30 December 2021, 16:08

View original

10 replies

Up! :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

I have a big problem.

On a form, I have a question.

if answer is A, B or C, it is ok to continue the form, and send it to be recorded in Typeform results or any connect solution.

But if answer is D or E, it have to stop the questions, and maybe go to an ending screen and stop there.

If the answer is D or E, I don’t want any results in any of my connect to CRM or Google Sheets, or in Typeform results. And also I don’t need it is in my typeform monthly quota, if it is some visitor outside any of my needs.

It it possible ?

thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Deka and @vermu ! Welcome to the community. 

We don’t exactly have a way to “stop” the form or prevent it from recording responses if the user reaches an ending. 

In this case, I would suggest creating a logic jump that would prevent them from submitting the form, in which they would need to exit the form on their own. 

An example of this can be found here: 

I hope this helps!

We have a qualifying question for generating leads in our quiz. If the user answers the qualify question in one way, they complete the quiz and we gather lead info. If the other, we send the user to an end page, with other info. We don’t need to contact those people, or need their information.

We are getting form submissions to our Salesforce integration from both types of users.

Is there a way that user info can NOT be submitted for the unqualiied leads?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @srhom I’ve added your post here where we have some example workarounds for this. 

Hi! I have a typeform that can result in two different finals (A & B).

I am super interested in A results but B results are noise and I’d like them not to be registered.

Is there a way for not taking into account those previous responses that end up in final B?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @pepe-jme I added your post here where we have the answer and some example workarounds. 😀

There are so many 'we don’t have's' it makes me kind of angry. There are millions of competitors out there, some of them a lot cheaper, but most of them much more feature-rich. It's that we have programmed quite some forms over time that we aren't switching, but God, how I wish to.

@Liz the post you quote here is not helpful for this problem.

What does that even mean?

In this case, I would suggest creating a logic jump that would prevent them from submitting the form, in which they would need to exit the form on their own. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @shroom Thanks for stopping by. I’m afraid this is the only solution we have at this time, which would be sending them backwards in the form so they can’t submit it.