Skip to main content
Answered

How to structure a Typeform with lots of introduction text

• 10 August 2021
  • 4 replies

I started creating my research survey in Google Forms but now I want to migrate it to Typeform however I’ve found Typeform to be very restrictive in dealing with long intro text (min is currently 410 words in Google Forms).

I need to explain the survey to people and tell them what it’s for, how their responses are being used and communicate the value of them taking part. I can’t create a seperate landing page to communicate all of this, I just want everything self-contained in Typeform.

How would you do this? And do you have any links to any examples?

Typeform also doesn’t seem to render numbered bullets in the preview either.

Hi @timhill, this is from another user.

In the past I had a simliar need and used a Welcome screen way longer than 410 words. If you need a big text in the midle of your form, you can use a Statement. Hope it helps!

Hey @timhill!

Were you able to follow @Paulo's suggestion? I think his recommendation is spot on! 

I'll try to find some internal examples but I'd also encouraged anyone reading this conversation to share examples of long introductions using Typeform. :blush:

@James Do you happen to have any examples of that? 

@Gabi Amaral - i think that one of the best ones i can recall is a Typeform typeform about the privacy policy that was once shared in this Community, going back about 4/5 months but i can’t find it in a quick search. I think it would have been posted by Liz or Mariana at the time.. 

des

Hi all, yes that advice from Paulo was great. If you’re interested, here’s the end result: https://1oc6qs3if91.typeform.com/digagencycensus