Answered

Is it possible to build a multiple scores diagnostic with Typeform?

• 2 August 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to build a diagnostic tool with Typeform and I wonder if I’m trying to achieve a bit too much.

I have 9 categories I’d like people to assess themselves on and then compare the results with each of the 9 categories. Each of these 9 categories (with 5 questions in each) would then have to be separately scored.

As I understand Typeform allows only one score per survey? I am aware of “Redirect on completion” but I’m on a Basic account and just want to make sure it will actually do what I need before I upgrade. I would then need to link 9 separate surveys to each other?

However, the key for me would be to then put these 9 scores next to each other (visual data would be nice but text is fine). Ideally instantly for the person to view on the screen or could also be an automated email/PDF option.

Has anyone built something like this with Typeform + any other tools? Google Sheets + Zapier + etc ? I’m a bootstrapping startup so have to cheaply hack this together :)

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 2 August 2021, 12:39

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liisa - welcome from another user

this is very feasible but requires you to create a series of variables to capture the ‘scores’ for each of the categories.. ie if q1 = answer A then add 1 to v_cat_1 , if q1 = answer B then add 1 to v_cat_2 etc

and then you can show the scores of the subcategores on a Statement page using the @recall function

(see image below) 

hope that gives you an idea that it can be done. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks! This is really helpful and I’m excited about what’s possible! 

I realised I was stuck mainly because my Typeform was still in the Classic builder and I couldn’t see these options. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liisa - welcome.. if you do a little searching in the community you can find some other posts (some that i have done) about this same concept, unfortunately under different topic headings lol. 

let us know if you have any questions on the process. 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks again, I did a quick test and it’s working!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad you got this working, @Liisa ! And thanks for the help @john.desborough !

Badge

Hello @Liisa @Liz @john.desborough,

Thank you very much for the answers provided. 

I have created variables to represent the different categories. However, I would like to know how to generate an automated diagnosis based on the scores obtained in each category. For example:

In Category A, a score of 4 out of 18 points was achieved. The corresponding diagnosis could be: "You are a hero."

In Category B, a score of 5 out of 18 points was obtained. The corresponding diagnosis could be: "You are ..."

Could you please provide guidance on how to generate these automated diagnoses based on the scores in each category?

Best,
samboy

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Samboy Happy Friday! Thanks for stopping by. 

Depending on how you have the form setup, you’ll want to use logic jumps to show different endings. 
For example, your logic jumps may look something like this on the very last question: 

In this example, I have the logic set that, if the score is equal to 4, the respondent sees a specific ending after clicking the submit button. 

You’ll want to set up a logic jump for each score option on the form. 

Badge

I need repsonses to the different categories. At the moment I am only able to get a score for one category. I want to have them for all

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Samboy - as in the other thread on the same topic, if you look at  this tutorial: 

https://www.typeform.com/help/a/build-a-quiz-with-multiple-scores-4410816726804/

you will see how to build a quiz with multiple scores. 

and once you have done that, then you can use the logic rules to route your users to the diagnostic pages you want them to see. 

des