Answered

Is it possible to copy a question from one typeform and move it to another?

Userlevel 2

I have two typeforms and I would like to copy some questions from one to the other. Just copying the questions I need would be the easiest, but if I could merge the two and delete the ones I don’t want, that would be OK too, 

icon

Best answer by Liz 22 July 2021, 18:21

View original

43 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the feedback, @AroNatSki ! If you haven’t already, I would definitely suggest duplicating the form as a workaround in the meantime. 

@Liz Add my +1 for this feature: copy/moving a single question from one form to another. The problem with the “duplicate the form” workaround is that assumes I am starting a new form or I am at the beginning of the process. The use case is more like: I have several variations of existing feedback forms. I want to reuse a few questions from one existing form to another existing form. Maybe I like the way the questions were written more in a newer version. Maybe there is a set of questions I don’t want to have to re do. Either way, duplicating the form does me no good.

hey guys its been a year and no practical answer to this request, are you really interested in give us a real solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @maikrp thanks for stopping by to add your +1 to this feature request. And if you have any use case examples this can be super helpful to us as we keep feeding it back to the product team 🙏

For now, it’s still the workaround that Liz suggested earlier in the thread, but if anything changes we will post here and keep everyone updated! 

I would love a sandbox/question bank to be added!  That along with the ability to copy and paste questions from one Typeform to another would be invaluable to me and our small company!

Hello,

I would like to copy multiple questions and paste them in the same form.  How do I do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Lawrence S If you’re copying from another form, we don’t have this feature, but you could duplicate the form and then remove the questions you don’t need. 

Hi Liz, 

Sorry I wasn’t clear.  I am looking to copy multiple questions at the same time and paste them in the same form.  Is this possible?  Right now, it is only allowing me to copy one question at a time.

Thanks,

Lawrence

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Lawrence S - unfortunately it only works one question at a time.. 

one option is to create a question group and put all the questions you want to copy into that question group. then you can duplicate the question group (all the questions) … and you can drag individual questions out of that question group into the sequence where you want it.. 

just a thought

des

How hard is copy and paste that in 2 years or more, it’s still not possible in the platform?

Userlevel 1
Badge

to enter in a new/existing form

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HI @sagi I moved your post here where we have the answer. One suggestion would be to copy the entire form and then remove the questions/logic jumps you don’t need. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

as I see it (and wish for it to be) - copying a section of a existing form (one Q or more), should work in a simple way of copy and past. and apply the same border rules which are applied when inserting a new question in an existing form. I hope i am not missing any complexity in the process (though I guess I am), writting this. but it should be as simple as that. 
as was written above, sometimes we just upgrade and existing form and just want to apply this new innovations into other frms we have. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sagi thanks for the feedback - I’ll share this with the product folks. 😀

Yes - the is a bit of a nightmare! I basically want to merge two multi-question forms and … oh dear!

Given the cost of the platform and the time this will take, its prompted me to look elsewhere.

The Typeform team may want to think of this as a barrier to customer-retention 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @doctordjbrown Thank you so much for sharing this feedback - I’ll pass it along to the product team. 😀

Hi Liz,

I have just reviewed the features of typeform and considering a paid service (business level). However, I will need this “copy question” feature as well. Make your tech team solve it, or you will lose customers, existing and new ones, like me.

And please don’t answer that
1. “I’ll pass it along to the product team” - you have done that several times before without any result, just making your existing clients angry.
2. “Copy the entire form” - That is not a solution for the problem and the request, as many your existing clients already pointed out!

Tell me when this feature will be available instead. Your existing clients asked this two years ago….. Solve the problem!

Laszlo

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @laszlo.makay Thanks for stopping by and sharing your feedback. This feature is not currently on our roadmap, I’m afraid, so I cannot provide you with a date when this will be created. 

If you’d like to share your use case, I’d be happy to share that with the product team so they have more information as to why this feature would be helpful.