Answered

Is Logic case senstive?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all

I’m running an NPS survey (0-10) and want to send people different ways as follows:

People who score 6 or less and mention ‘food’ or ‘meals’:  ending A

People who score 6 or less and don’t mention ‘food’ or ‘meals’::  ending B

People who score more than 6 and mention ‘food’ or ‘meals’::  ending C

People who score more than 6 and don’t mention ‘food’ or ‘meals’:  ending D

The logic steps appear to be case sensitive so I need to build:

People who score 6 or less and mention ‘food’ or ‘meals’ or ‘Food’ or ‘Meals’:  ending A

People who score 6 or less and don’t mention ‘food’ or ‘meals’ or ‘Food’ or ‘Meals’:  ending B

People who score more than 6 and mention ‘food’ or ‘meals’ or ‘Food’ or ‘Meals’:  ending C

People who score more than 6 and don’t mention ‘food’ or ‘meals’ or ‘Food’ or ‘Meals’:  ending D

This is proving ticky.  Any suggestions?  

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 6 July 2022, 21:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Charlie Bantoft Welcome to the community! Could you send a screenshot of what you currently have set up or where you’re getting stuck in the process of building your logic jumps? Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Liz.  Thanks for having a shot at this.  I can’t send a screen shot I’m afraid because I haven’t got anything that works.  I’m getting stuck in whether I use AND followed by AND followed by AND or is it AND followed by OR followed by OR..?

There’s a further step that I didn’t complicate with things more which is that, if they score less than 6 (regardless of wether they mention food or not) we ask them if they would like to talk to a senior manager.  So it’s actually:

Did you score more than 6 and mention food:  Ending A

Did you score more than 6 and no mention food:  B

Scored 6 or less, mentioned one of Food, food, Meal or meal and does not want to talk to someone: C

Scored 6 or less, mentioned one of Food, food, Meal or meal and does want to talk to someone: D

Scored 6 or less did not mention Food, food, Meal or meal and does not want to talk to someone: E

Scored 6 or less did not mention Food, food, Meal or meal and does want to talk to someone: F

I’m wondering about adding ‘score’ to the free text box where they can mention ‘Food’, ‘food’, ‘Meal’ or ‘meal’ and then using that to drive later logic.

I would have hoped that the ‘Contains’ or ‘Does not Contain’ objects would allow us to write a bunch of words separated by a comma and it would trigger if any of them were found but - it appears not.

Thanks all for any help.

Charlie

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @Charlie Bantoft ! @john.desborough might be some help here, the master of logic jumps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Charlie Bantoft - i know this is going to sound extremely counter-intuitive (and highly illogical, Captain - sorry for my inner Spock) but i have had success using the following ‘rules of thumb’ on the logic:

• if q2 contains Food OR q2 contains food
  • if q2 does not contain Food AND q2 does not contain food

ie always use the AND logic for the does not contain circumstance like this one.. 

i created a simple test form to check out the logic rules you laid out.. let me know if works the way you described - if it does, i will paste the logic rules in here.. for you.. 

cheers 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi John.  That’s great advice and very kind of you to take the time.  Many thanks.  I got it working a few days ago in the end so - when I’m over this Covid - I’ll take a look and see if I followed your logic (if you know what I mean).

Thanks again, John.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, @Charlie Bantoft! Let us know if your logic setup is the same as the one suggested by John. I'm curious to see it!