Skip to main content
Answered

Is there a way to show the current question AND the total number of questions? So something like 3/8

• 13 January 2022
  • 3 replies

We are getting feedback that the progress bar is too easy to miss.  Is there a way to make progress more obvious?  

One simple thing would be to show the total questions along with the current question number. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JoeWho Thanks for stopping by the community! We had feedback previously that the progress bar was actually too large, so the product team minimized it. It isn’t possible to make it larger now, but I can share this feedback to them. Is there any particular browser/device you’re having the most trouble viewing it on? 

No specific browser but it was on desktops so lots of space between the question and the top of the window. 

But is there no way to show total questions automatically? Without us having to create a starting page that says something about the total number of questions?

Is there a way to show how much time it is expected to take?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JoeWho - one of the issues in number your pages ie 3 of 8 questions.. is that if you have any conditional routing logic you might run people through different question paths of varying length.. 

i have one quiz with a total of 48 questions in the form - users can end up with a 5 question path, an 8 question path or 16 question path, depending on their responses to various questions. That makes if difficult to know what number to put on the pages ie 3/8 … 

What i have done on a couple of longer typeforms is to put a statement question/page in there that says “great news - you are half way through” and then another “there are only two questions left… hang in there”

that’s about the only thing that you can do as a work around if you know how many questions on each path through your quiz. 

just some thoughts from the igloo

des