Answered

labels not beneath option scale anymore on mobile ?

• 22 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

I noticed today that when I am using a typeform on a mobile screen the labels for a 1-5 option scale or now above the option scale. Not so long ago even on mobile the labels were positioned underneath the option scale. Which in my opinion - and my clients - look way better.

Is there a way to get the labels below the option scale instead of, for instance :
1 → none 
3 → mild
5 → severe

and the option scale

icon

Best answer by Liz 22 July 2021, 23:51

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michel van de Beek Happy Thursday! Would you mind sending a screenshot of what you’re seeing? We recently changed the layout for this, but what you’re seeing sounds different than what we changed the layout to. 

Thanks!

Badge

This is how it WAS … and how I and my clients liked it.
How it is usuable.

This is how it looks now after you changed the layouts. 

It is totally messed up right now:
Spaces between options, so the scale is on two rows instead of one
Labels above options instead of below
Progression indicator a lot less clear than before

In short … I cannot use it anymore.

Please tell me how I can use the old layout. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, I see @Michel van de Beek - thank you! This is expected behavior. Our product team ran a test to see which one performed better, and the second one (the new version) did, which is why you’re seeing a different layout. The reason the layout was changed is because, on some devices, it didn’t look all that great and when embedding in an email, it was even harder to see. 

I hope this helps explain the change a bit, but if you have any other questions, please let me know!

Badge

This doesn’t help me because the change totally ruins my use case. 

Sure it might look good in an email. and even perform better, but that is not my usecase.
In my use case it totally ruins everything. Clients are calling me to check if things are broken.

So please let me know how I can use the old layout in my specific use case. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Michel van de Beek! Thank you for your reply! :relieved:

I understand your frustration. :confused:  

May I ask you to be more specific about your use case and why the old version suits you better? I'm in contact with our Product team and they're interested to know more about your case!  

Badge

Hello @Michel van de Beek! Thank you for your reply! :relieved:

I understand your frustration. :confused:  

May I ask you to be more specific about your use case and why the old version suits you better? I'm in contact with our Product team and they're interested to know more about your case!  

Please see the above screen shots. 
My use case is mobile.

In my use case i use likert type scales. 0-10 in a straight line, labels beneath.
And I have found that a slider type input would be best (performs best with my clients).
As typefrom does not support this yet the closest approximation was opinion scale. 

In the layout with space in between the options and labels above,  it is not a straight line anymore. 
It doesn’t look at all like a likert scale. It doesn’t look like a slider type input. 

Hi, 

7 months on and this is still a huge issue for us. 

The bigger issue being that on mobile device the numbers are now showing in 2 rows (1-5 and 6-10) when we use this question type for our NPS rating, on some devices it looks to user as if 5 is the highest. 

They are giving us a 5 and then following up with really good feedback. 5 is a detractor NPS score, where as these should be 10s.

When you try and scroll it jumps to the next page.

We need either:

• A scale option slider. so numbers don’t get cut off
  • the ability to set mobile design and not just desktop design
  • Or an option not to wrap content

Is there another solution to this? Causing issues our end daily.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jordnsha Since our product team found this design outperformed the other, we don’t have plans to change it. Though, can you send the URL of the form so we can test the scrolling issue for you? Thanks!