Skip to main content
Answered

Limiting Dropdown responses

• 9 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi all! My name is Jessica and I’m creating a survey with 25 dropdown answers for each question. These 25 answers are the same for every question. Essentially, I’ve got 25 questions where I ask our employees to look at a baby picture and try to guess which employee it is. Ideally, I’d like to limit the responses to guessing a name only once. That is, they can’t use “Steve” as an answer for more than one question.

Is this even possible?? Thanks in advance!

Hey @jhallpiano. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

I understand your use case, but I'm afraid this isn't a feature Typeform has at the moment. In case you're willing to share your feedback as a product suggestion, you can post it here: 

May I suggest an alternative? To show the respondents the names they have added, you could use recall information. This way, they would still have all the names when selecting it from the dropdown options, but they would also have the information about the names they have already selected. Hope this helps! :) 

Great work around, @Mariana !! 

Woohoo @vickioneill, thank you! Hopefully this will be helpful to @jhallpiano :hugging:

ooooh yes @Mariana, thank you so much! This is super helpful and great to know.

Yay! I'm happy to hear that @jhallpiano :smiley: Thanks so much for confirming and also for marking the best answer. It'll help other members when they check this thread too :clap_tone1: