Answered

Logic and required questions

• 2 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi there

I have a Yes/No question in the application form I am building. A yes answer leads to route 1 and one following question, whereas a No answer leads to route 2 and several other questions. If the respondent chooses No I’d like all the following questions to be required. If the respondent answers Yes then only the one is required.

My question is does the system know to accept submission of the form based on required responses only on the respondents chosden route? Or will it be confused and only accept submission if all respondents have answered all required questions?

Hope I’ve explained the conundrum clearly.

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 3 February 2022, 19:03

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Stix Welcome to the community! Happy to have you here. :grinning:

I’m not quite sure I understand what you mean by submission of the form based on route. Are you referencing when the respondent clicks the submit button? Or the questions that appear based on their previous answers? 

If you’re referencing which questions appear when, you’ll want to set up the logic jumps like this to only show the ones that apply based on their previous answers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Stix - you can set all the questions in the form to be ‘required’ - based on the logic path that you set the user on, the questions on that path will be required. A path they never take (based on your logic-ing) will be ignored in terms of ‘required answers’ when they get to the submit button. 

if they skip a required question on the ‘intended path’ they took ie they skipped q6 in a path that goes q5-q6-q7-q12, all required along the logical path, then there will be an error about a required question not being completed. 

hope that helps

des