Answered

Logic based on guest names?

• 8 January 2022
  • 1 reply

New to typeform, I’m using it for wedding RSVPs and have a particular way I want it to flow. This RSVP will appear on the first page of my very much public wedding website, but I want the RSVP and event details to be exclusive to my guests. I don’t want non-guests to be able to make it past the first page.

The logic I want is “If guest name = any guest name on list Then Q2 Else EndPage

I already thought about using a short text question and giving everyone a single “password” that then flows into the rest of the survey, but I think that’s too informal and a little confusing for my older guests.

This is the only way I can imagine getting this to work - having an “or” statement tacked on for each individual person/family. Is there a better method that I’m not seeing?

icon

Best answer by Liz 10 January 2022, 16:22

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @aspider Happy Monday and congrats on the wedding! Nobody likes an uninvited guest at their wedding, that’s for sure. :grinning:

The way you have it currently set up is the best way to go about this, as you’ll need to enter each guest name since we don’t have a way to reference a database or list outside the form. 

Hopefully this helps confirm what you’ve already started, but if you think of any other questions, let us know!