Question

Logic&Branching

• 8 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Hey My typeform works for only single branching and not simultaneously for multiple branching as well. 

ie. Single selection of options A or B or C or D gives me the result. 

But multiple selection of options A and B also gives me the same result as that for single selection of A 

Multiple selection of options B and C gives me the same result as that for single selection of B

When I just add logics for multiple selections then it works. (Given there were no logic conditions for single selection) 

Multiple selection of options A and B gives me the right result. 

Similarly, multiple selection of options B and C gives me the right result. 

However, again I face two issues 

1. The moment I add another logic condition for multiple selection of options A and D > it gives me the same result as that for multiple selection of A and B. 
  2. Also even though, I only have added AND logic conditions for multiple selections, a single selection also gives me the same result. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Adit_Chhabra Welcome to the community! Would you mind sharing screenshots of what you currently have setup for logics so we can get a better idea of the issue? Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Adit_Chhabra Were you able to fix the issues with your logics?

Sure. 

I am looking to get results (slide 9 to 18) based on the selection of options in slide 4 (any one option or 2 options can be selected). 

For single selection of any of the 4 options I shall get the results - slide 9 to 12. This is working perfectly fine. 

For double selection of the options A&B, A&C, A&D, B&C, B&D and C&D I shall get the results as - slides 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 respectively. Here if-and logic statements have been used. These are not working. 

What I am getting as result is:

-For double selection of options A&B I get slide 9 as the result (which is actually the result for single selection of option A) 

-For double selection of options A&C I get slide 9 as the result (which is actually the result for single selection of option A)  

-For double selection of options A&D I get slide 9 as the result (which is actually the result for single selection of option A) 

Similarly, for double selection of options B&A, I get slide 9 as the result (which is actually the result for single selection of option A) 

-For double selection of options B&C, I get slide 10 as the result (which is actually the result for single selection of option B) 

-For double selection of options B&D, I get slide 10 as the result (which is actually the result for single selection of option B) 

Lastly, for double selection of options C&A, I get slide 9 as the result (which is actually the result for single selection of option A) 

-For double selection of options B&C, I get slide 10 as the result (which is actually the result for single selection of option B) 

-For double selection of options C&D, I get slide 11 as the result (which is actually the result for single selection of option C

Hi @Liz Please help me with the branching and logic issues that I am facing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Adit_Chhabra Apologies for the delay, as I’ve been out on holiday. I can’t quite see in the logic map, but do you happen to have logics jumping backwards in the form? If so, you’ll need to remove the backwards logic jumps, as this can cause issues such as the ones you’re seeing. 

Let me know if this doesn’t fix the issue!