Answered

Logic Busted for Multiple Choice "Other"?

• 15 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a required, randomized, multiple-select, multiple-choice question with an “Other” option:

Question Setup​

I want to set up logic so that once a user answers this question, they skip from question 3 (this question) to question 5, avoiding question 4 entirely.

If A-D are chosen at all (either on their own in combination with any other options, as it’s multiple-select) the logic jump works correctly. However, if option E (”Other”) is chosen on its own (i.e. A-D are not selected in combination with E) then the logic does not work.

The question branching screen doesn’t show option E, so it seems like logic jumps are not available with the “Other” option is the only choice made.

For Q3, logic jumps are unavailable for E, the “Other” option

The map shows that it’s possible to go from Q3 to Q4, which I don’t want

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a bug or unhandled use case? Here’s a video of the problem in action.

I found a similar issue here, but it doesn’t seem to be addressed in that thread yet.

icon

Best answer by Liz 16 March 2021, 19:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Schoolrunner thanks for stopping by and apologies for any confusion. You can set logic jumps for the ‘other’ option, except this only works in the Advanced Logics section at this time. The downside is that to use the Advanced Logics, you would need to remove the simple logics on your form. :( If you have any troubles setting this up in the Advanced section, let me know!