Question

Logic replace custom field not saving

• 3 September 2021
  • 14 replies

Badge

Every time i’m creating a custom replacement logic for my field and then I click save, it’s not saving.

All jump to condition are working.

Any help please ?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @edubois Happy Friday! Do you mind taking a video so I can see what happens when you try to publish and save the changes? Additionally, if you aren’t already, do you mind trying this on the Chrome browser? 

Badge

Here is a video : 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@edubois - this comes from another user

Are you using simple logic or advanced logic? it seems to be the simple logic tab and if that is the case, you should probably use the Advanced logic tab and set the variables there. I seem to recall in some obscure documentation or post in here, that this type of variable assignment only works in Advanced Logic

des

Badge

@edubois - this comes from another user

Are you using simple logic or advanced logic? it seems to be the simple logic tab and if that is the case, you should probably use the Advanced logic tab and set the variables there. I seem to recall in some obscure documentation or post in here, that this type of variable assignment only works in Advanced Logic

des

I don’t have any calculation logic in there ! 

I’m following this :https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052365212-How-to-add-and-change-variables-

I see all thoses options, but it’s not saving. I really think it’s just a bug from Typeform. Can they fix it ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

calculation logic = the replacement of a variable with text .. you have an if ..then logic rule which is, in essence, a calculation

Badge

What do you mean ? 

Me I’m trying to do exactly this : 

But it’s not saving. Can you try on your side and tell me if it’s saving for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

just created and it saved properly. 

here is the link to test the form

Badge

Perfect ! Great to see it’s working for you. What are the potential reasons why it’s not working in my account ? Because i french ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

je ne sais pas! it could be due to the plan you have, i don’t know.. 

suggest you open ticket with the support desk at this link to get them to take a look inside your account. 

Badge

Really weird. I’m on the biggest plan. Clearly a bug. I completed the form you sent me. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @edubois Were you able to get ahold of the support team to see why the logic wasn’t working? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Any updates on this? Im facing kind of the same bug here...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@edubois do you mind sharing the solution the support team provided? 

I encounter the same issue (free plan).
I guess it is because of the use of capitals, although the error mentions: “Variable names must start with a letter.” (see attached screenshot, compare @a_1 with the erroneous @A_2)
In this case, the error should state: “No capitals allowed, please use lowercast.” :)
Could the support team please look into this?