Answered

Matrix Logic

Hello,

I am new to typeform and have just started creating quizzes for user development and education. I have run into an issue assigning logic to matrix questions. Am I able to assign a correct answer for a matrix question similar to how i can create a rule for a multiple choice? Example: The user selects the correct “column” that corresponds with the appropriate “row.” I would then send the user to the next statement slide informing them “incorrect” or “correct.”

Thank you

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 16 May 2022, 00:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lance randles - unfortunately at this time, Typeform has no logic rule capability for matrix questions. (it’s a pain .. trust me! ) 

des

In our surveys, we frequently use matrix-style questions. Is there a projected date for when TypeForm will be fully functional?

Since we frequently need to assign variables and divide the survey further depending on responses in the matrix questions, we are specifically looking for the presently lacking capability to work with the matrix in the survey logic (advanced just for beginnings if need be is OK).

Advanced piping would be ideal but is not required.

Is there an update on creating logic conditions for Matrix questions? 

Badge

Well there goes a few hours of my life. This is such a basic feature, it’s staggering that this doesn’t already exist.

Any update here?! It's a basic necessity!! 

upvoting all of this; not having branching logic on matrix questions is forcing us to re-evaluate our subscription with typeform