Answered

Matrix logic/grey out statement question

• 10 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Good day

I have a internal customer survey which has 26 unit to rate under a question however i need to create a logic that says that if you are working in “Unit A” , don't answer statement 1 of the matrix question.

Do i have to create multiples of the same question i.e. 26 then do the jump with the exclusion of the unit that is being rated?

Thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 19 September 2021, 05:49

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Tshidik Happy Friday! I’m afraid there isn’t a way to hide one of the options in the matrix question based on a previous answer. Instead, you would need to create as many versions of the matrix question that could be shown and use logic jumps like this to show the one that applies. 

If you think of any other questions, please let me know!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Liz thanks for the reply now I'm struggling with the logic for the matrix, the jump and the all other cases jump to .

please help i will attach a sample of the matrix 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Tshidik - happy late saturday night my time. 

i took a stab at this one to see if i had my assumptions about your thinking correct - see the link here

• this little test has a drop down with with units 1-26 from which the user can choose. 
  • there is a matrix question for each of the business units that is ‘missing’ the ability to rate their own unit (ie unit six sees options to rate unites 1-5 and 7-26) and i put the following in the description section to help inspect the matrix list to see if i had managed to update the matrix to a particular unit question: “unit xx question”  - so unit xx should be missing from the left hand list
    • i simply duplicated the first matrix question and modified it for the second business unit etc
  • logic to route business unit to the appropriate (of 26) matrix questions is on q1
  • all matrix rating questions point to the statement page at the end
  • this will work fine in the question group construct as well. 

here are the related logic images to give you a flavour of what i did:

here’s the ‘question’ page for unit 3 .. to give you an idea on the martix build

now all of this is predicated on what the 7 other voices in my head interpreted from what you wrote. if this matches up, cool… if i missed the boat, lemme know so that i can put some tequila in the coffee in the morning and start all over again. 

cheers

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you so much , i see the method you used, what is S1? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

is it the next section?

I used  the below

If 8a is 1or 2 or 3 or 4...or 9 then jump to 8d, i left the in All cases 

should i say 

Userlevel 1
Badge

:blush::clap_tone3:  thank you i see where i got it wrong

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you so much , i see the method you used, what is S1? 

sorry for the delay in answering this - but the S1 is just a statement question that i used to bring all the ‘options’ for answering the question back into a single thread … you can do whatever you like - i just used that to show that you could do all those branches and then comes back to your main line of questions or ending phases. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

:blush::clap_tone3:  thank you i see where i got it wrong

good and glad to see that you got it working! cheers

des