Answered

More than one question on a page

Userlevel 2

Is it possible to display several questions in one page for the user view?
For example, I wanted to show first name, last name and email in one page

icon

Best answer by Liz 8 February 2021, 19:06

View original

163 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ismael . Thanks for joining the community! :grin:  We only show one question at a time on the form because we’ve noticed higher levels of engagement and completion vs using a standard form. We don't have an option for a single page/traditional style of form or the ability to show multiple questions at the same time. I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if you think of anything else!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

By the way, @ismael you have an awesome name!

Userlevel 3

Hi @ismael . Thanks for joining the community! :grin:  We only show one question at a time on the form because we’ve noticed higher levels of engagement and completion vs using a standard form. We don't have an option for a single page/traditional style of form or the ability to show multiple questions at the same time. I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if you think of anything else!

I had the same question as Ismael. While I understand the logic about engagement question by question, there is also a lot of logic in having, say, name and email address on the same page. Could we not have the option?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@muffins This isn’t a feature we currently offer, but we’ll take note of the request! :grinning:

Userlevel 3

OK. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hello,

Is there a way of adding two questions on one page. I need a multiple choice and yes/no on the same page.

Thanks

Sophie

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sophie1989. Welcome to the Typeform Community! 🤩

I moved your question here so you can check the thread for more context. :) I'll quote the response from @Liz:

We only show one question at a time on the form because we’ve noticed higher levels of engagement and completion vs using a standard form. We don't have an option for a single page/traditional style of form or the ability to show multiple questions at the same time.

We hope this answers your question, but please let us know if you think of anything else!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ismael . Thanks for joining the community! :grin:  We only show one question at a time on the form because we’ve noticed higher levels of engagement and completion vs using a standard form. We don't have an option for a single page/traditional style of form or the ability to show multiple questions at the same time. I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if you think of anything else!

Thanks for this information, Liz! 

Will there be an option in a future version to add multiple questions to a page - perhaps restrict it to the profile/demographic questions? Thinking from a user perspective, if there are too many of those questions on separate pages, it may keep people from completing it (and missing out on obtaining their information). 

BTW I like the single question per page format - I agree, it encourages engagement (and allows flexibility for various question types, including those with images which may look messy if on a page with other questions). 

Userlevel 2

I wanted to jump in on this thread as it answered the exact question I wanted to ask - and unfortunately it was not the answer I sought!  (That being no, you can’t have multiple questions on a single page).  There are some functions of the form/survey process that I think do produce better results if you have multiple questions on a single page.  For example, multiple choice questions with checkboxes/radio buttons can be clicked on very quickly if they are presented on the same page.  Listing them on separate pages causes the user to click many more times; that quickly gets old in a world where people get “click fatigue” very quickly.  I would love to have the option to display multiple questions on a single page; right now I use a competitor’s product for some of my applications simply because they offer that option.  I would use Typeform exclusively if it had this feature.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @vickioneill and @Del Thanks for sharing your use cases/ideas! I don’t think it’s currently on our roadmap to have a single-page form, but that could change! I’d encourage you to add your wishes for this on the thread below, too, for some extra visibility! :relieved:

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I am trying to use Typeform as a nomination form. I would like one questions to capture 5 peices of information in a short answer format. Is this possible? For example

Q1: Please share the following in formation about the nomiee

1. full name
  2. email
  3. why you nominate them
  4. what you xxxxx
  5. xxxx

Is there a template for this kind of muti-answer question? 

Thakn you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @LCI. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

I moved your question here as I believe the thread above will give you more context about what can be done with Typeform and how you can share your suggestion/feedback with the product team :) Hope this helps! 

Can you set up the form so that all questions show at once on the same page? Or you have to answer each question for it to move onto the next one and that’s that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@drmarine84 I added your post here where the answer is! Let us know if you have any other questions. :grinning:

We use a course application question form. The form's questions appear one by one (one on the screen at a time). Is it possible that all the questions appear at once?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @GreenFox I added your question here where we have the answer. Let me know if you have further questions!

I built a quiz with 10 questions. How can I see everything on one page without having to jump from one question to the other? I want to be able to view everything all at once. I don’t see any options/settings in the backend, so wondering if this is possible at all. Can anyone please help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @GSIAdmin. Welcome to the Typeform Community! 

I added your post here where the answer is! Let us know if you have any other questions. :grinning: 

Hello Typeform community.

I need help.

Is it possible to share my form and all the questions appear on one page ? Don't want to embed it.

I want the respondent to be able to scroll down all the way down to the last question. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @galileezoa thanks for stopping by! I added your question here where we have the answer. :) Let us know if you think of anything else!

Userlevel 1

Me too, I would REALLY like the option of a single page form layout! 

We HAVE to use this layout for several things and I now have to look elsewhere outside of our Typeform Subscription :( 

I am trying to create a typeform where I can have multiple questions on the same page vs sliding screens for each question.  I will need alternating survey then long answer questions that will contain about 200 items total.  Is there a way to accomplish this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JCC. Happy Monday!

I moved your question here where the answer is. Please let us know if you have further questions =)

Hi, is it possible to have 2 questions on a page?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Neil McCutcheon - I’ve added your question here where we have the answer. Let us know if you think of anything else! :grinning: