Answered

More than one question on a page

Userlevel 2

Is it possible to display several questions in one page for the user view?
For example, I wanted to show first name, last name and email in one page

icon

Best answer by Liz 8 February 2021, 19:06

View original

167 replies

@Liz I am still very lost on how to solve for this.  I am afraid this will limit us in renewing for next time as we are exploring other solutions.  Can you please make time for me to understand how to solve??

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz I am still very lost on how to solve for this.  I am afraid this will limit us in renewing for next time as we are exploring other solutions.  Can you please make time for me to understand how to solve??

@Michael Mahgerefteh - This is still NOT a feature that Typeform has implemented. You cannot do what you describe in your earlier post on a single page in Typeform. Unfortunately. 

They have made some strides in a couple of areas where they have bundle things like contact info, address, and lead qualification types onto a single screen but not beyond that. 

if you need further assistance in dealing with your use case, you could raise a support ticket at this link where Typeform Support may be able to provide some guidance. 

des

It’s confusing to me because from time to time I do see Typeform questionnaires with more than one question per page, maybe another case of the bundling. Here is a screenshot of an example and URL here

How do i bundle first and last name into one page like so?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

It’s confusing to me because from time to time I do see Typeform questionnaires with more than one question per page, maybe another case of the bundling. Here is a screenshot of an example and URL here

How do i bundle first and last name into one page like so?

@nelsonestrada - that’s the contact info question type. 

des

I would like to bump this, I don’t understand why this is not an option. The answer about “engagement” levels is misleading, as how would anyone have reference to ascertain if that was even accurate. We cannot even test it! It doesn’t exist! Plus, there are a million and one use cases where having multiple questions on a single page is incredibly useful for both client-facing and internal form use. Please typeform, add this functionality :)

Are there any type form templates that are not sliders-

as in listing fields like a tradistional form

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lydia007 I’ve added your post here where we have more information on this. 😀

Hi @ismael . Thanks for joining the community! :grin:  We only show one question at a time on the form because we’ve noticed higher levels of engagement and completion vs using a standard form. We don't have an option for a single page/traditional style of form or the ability to show multiple questions at the same time. I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if you think of anything else!

Why would you force all your customers into this configuration? It’s clear there are numerous folks that would like all the questions on one page. Let us choose which configuration we’d like - if we’re looking for high engagement, the current configuration is recommended. If you need everything on one page, let the user select that configuration. Would really love to know the reason for not implementing this, and sincerely hope the Product team pushes back on Management so they consider the voice of the customer :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @jasonsf Thanks for stopping by the community and sharing your feedback. This is one of the features typeform has always and will always offer. We recognize that this may not work for everyone, and we may not be the best fit for everyone. As noted above, we do find higher levels of engagement when asking one question at a time, so I’d definitely suggest giving this a try!

Hi @jasonsf Thanks for stopping by the community and sharing your feedback. This is one of the features typeform has always and will always offer. We recognize that this may not work for everyone, and we may not be the best fit for everyone. As noted above, we do find higher levels of engagement when asking one question at a time, so I’d definitely suggest giving this a try!

@Liz Baker  You’re missing the point though - many of your users aren’t looking for “high levels of engagement.” You’re looking at it through the eyes of a marketing and survey tool (in which case this configuration makes sense), but other use cases are for simply capturing customer information (Service Leads for example). This design is having the opposite effect, if people have to scroll constantly to see all the fields they drop off / get frustrated and complain. Complicating data collection easily makes people frustrated and move on, not to mention it can look unprofessional.

You *could* be the best fit for everyone if you simply made this an option - it’s not impossible to code this, your devs are sharp and I bet they’d love to do this, but it has to come from the top! :)))) Just note that you are forcing some organizations to utilize other platforms, thus losing out on market share that could be yours. You could even offer this as a feature for a Premium product that customers have to pay for, thus offsetting your “lack of engagement” concerns. 

Thanks for hearing me out.

Hi @Liz, I’d like to +1 this request.

To your point about higher conversion/engagement rates with a one-at-a-time Typeform versus a form that shows numerous questions at once, I have encountered a situation with a client were we are experiencing a lower conversion rate with the Typeform.

We are A/B testing an AdWords campaign that evenly sends customers to a quiz comprised of 20+ questions. We now have a statistically significant sample size, on the order of hundreds of impressions and conversions, and we have found the Typeform is underperforming versus a HubSpot form that shows all 20+ questions at once by 10% (35% vs 45%, particularly on mobile).

Our hypothesis for this drop-off is that users tire from the number of clicks required to complete the quiz as they advance through the Typeform. We had initially thought users would prefer one-at-a-time Typeform questions so as not to be overwhelmed by seeing all the questions at once, but the data has proven otherwise.

It would be great if Typeform would take this feedback and give Typeform creators the option to show multiple questions at once, so we have the option to optimize the conversion rates with our customers within Typeform’s ecosystem.

In this particular use case, unless Typeform offers this option, I’m afraid we will have to disable the Typeform due to underperformance.

Thank you!

Having an option to be able to display more than one question per page would serve as a more dynamic solution to this. It would greatly help with accuracy when collecting data because the end users would know what to anticipate next. It would serve as an outline or maybe we can also have an option for displaying an outline for the form. 

i would like this feature very much too but given its been 3 years, 160+ replies, over 30K views I am not convinced this would come soon. Can we discuss alternatives.

The only one I’ve found is surveymonkey which makes it quite flexible that you can choose between different designs, see screenshot attached. 

Google Forms is probably another one, but its design and theming is pretty dull.

Any others? I’ve looked at Formbricks which is an open source Typeform and it also doesnt appear to support this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @shrihacker Thankfully, this feature is finally in the works! It’s still a few months out from releasing, but the developers are actively working on this. 😀

It is possible somehow or is it planned to make a group displayable all at once like this example from quillforms? That would be a major selling point for me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Kike I’ve moved your post here where you can follow along for updates on this feature. 😀