Answered

Multiple choice options reflect in new slide

• 10 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi! I am working with a team on a social psychology tool. The tool lists about 40 values. We ask users to initially select 15 with which they most strongly identify (happiness, quality, self-discipline etc). From the 15 they previously selected, we ask them to narrow it down to 10. Then, 5.

If this was the slide that prompted users to select 10 from the 15, is it possible to have “choice 1,” “choice 2,” “choice 3” reflect the 15 choices you made previously and you would just have to deselect 5?

I hope this made some sense.  

icon

Best answer by Liz 10 April 2023, 20:27

View original

4 replies

Hi! I am working with a team on a social psychology tool. The tool lists about 40 values. We ask users to initially select 15 with which they most strongly identify (happiness, quality, self-discipline etc). From the 15 they previously selected, we ask them to narrow it down to 10. Then, 5.

If this was the slide that prompted users to select 10 from the 15, is it possible to have “choice 1,” “choice 2,” “choice 3” reflect the 15 choices you made previously and you would just have to deselect 5?

I hope this made some sense.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@sabres - unfortunately, Typeform does not have the capability to use “answers’ from one question dynamically in a following question. You would have to create all the possible permutations and combinations as options and set up the logic rules to do this in the current iteration. 

des

@john.desborough Darn, that’s what I was afraid of! Thank you for your response 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sabres Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. 

We don’t have the ability to recall answers into other answers. You can read more about this in the post here: 
https://typeform.slack.com/archives/CAC7T9CG1/p1680532337218779

You could use logic jumps to show different questions based on answers here, but it might be a bit of work depending on how many variations of the questions you’d need to set up.