Answered

Multiple choice question with multiple logic jumps

• 15 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi! I’m creating an order form for t-shirts. The respondents need to be able to tell me if they need to order additional shirts, and if so, how many additional shirts they need in each size. If I have a multiple choice question to ask, “What additional adult size(s) would you like ordered?”, and they select 3 different sizes, can the logic jump to questions based on the 3 sizes selected to get the number needed for each size?

Example:

• Small
  • Medium
  • Large
  • XL
  • XXL

If they select small, large, and XXL, can the logic jump to questions:

• How many small shirts do you need?

and then,

• How many large shirts do you need?

and then,

• How many XXL shirts do you need?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

icon

Best answer by Liz 16 June 2022, 17:50

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Nicole21 Welcome to the community! If you haven’t already, I’d give this article a look, which should help answer this question for you. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Nicole21 - @Liz gave you the link to the article that I used as the basis of putting together my ‘tshirt store front’ in Typeform. 

here’s a link to a ‘test version’ of the order form that i created 18 months ago - it uses a statement page instead of the payment question so that folks could get the idea 

i also limited folks to ordering 3 types of shirts in this version - it may not make sense when you read that on this screen but it was a way of using question groups to show that i could allow folks to order up to x shirts before suggesting they pay for “this many” and then place another order if necessary. It’s not a perfect match to the logic you lay out but should show you that the basics can be done 

cheers

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The shirts!!! @john.desborough  😍

Userlevel 1

Hi @Nicole21 Welcome to the community! If you haven’t already, I’d give this article a look, which should help answer this question for you. 😁

@Liz This article uses “jump to” logic. For example “if …. is…. then “jump to” something else”. In my view I only see the “go to” logic as an option (in addition to the basic numerical logic items). Is that “jump to” logic limited to paid accounts or am I missing some other step?

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Hah - nevermind...I assume the “jump to” has just been renamed “go to”. Please ignore me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad you got it figured out, @jonrgibson ! Let us know if you have any other questions. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz … two years of writing jumpto and now i have to retrain my brain to go to … 

sigh

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just trying to keep you on your toes, @john.desborough !