Answered

Multiple correct answers and quiz logic

Hi, 

We have a test with 10 questions (which we built with Typeform’s quiz logic). If responders get all 10 questions right, they get an ending screen that says “Success”. If a responder gets any question wrong, they get the ending screen that asks them to take the test again.

If you have a question in that test with multiple answers (let’s say 4 out of 8), how do you set the quiz logic so that the responder has to select all of the correct answers in order to pass the test? At the moment, I think when I set the 4 correct answers, you can pass the quiz with any of the correct answers (but not all of them).

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 31 May 2022, 18:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @limber Happy Tuesday! Do you mind sending us screenshots of what you already have set up for logic? We can then take a look at that and make suggestions accordingly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@limber  - just a thought .. create a variable called success as a text variable and set to ‘no’ as default

if the user gets the 4 mc answers correct use a logic rule that says 

• if answer is A and answer is C and answer is D and answer is G then replace success with yes

then when you are looking at the final pass/fail ie you would look at all the other 9 questions being correct AND the success variable = yes to mean that someone fails. if success is still at no, then they did not pass the test.. 

would that work??

des

Thanks so much for your help. I think here’s where we’ve landed (although I think I agree with @john.desborough too). We can move to a score based quiz and assign points for correct answers. We can (I think) add 1 point for each question (and you need all 4 answers to get the point). Any other answers won’t get the point and you don’t meet the success threshold.

Assuming that’s right was a stupid question to have asked really!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@limber - no such thing as a stupid question here … honestly.. 

(ok, maybe if someone asks me if i think i have had enough coffee… lol)

cheers

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Exactly, @limber. There's no such thing as a stupid question. By the way, don't forget to send us your quiz once it's ready to go. We'd love to take a look at it and give you some feedback! 😉