Answered

Multiple Entries with Hidden Fields

• 30 April 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi there - we are wondering if we can recall extensive, multiple entries of  information from a spreadsheet with unique identifiers for personalized responses. Can this be done? 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 5 May 2021, 20:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Real People. Welcome to the Typeform Community :hugging: 

I'm not sure if I completely understand your use case. Do you mind sharing an example? If you're willing to add multiple hidden fields, you should be able to do that. =) 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

In short, I have a large amount of data that I want to personalize via respondent. I want to program about 5 unique pathways based on their previous data, which is organized in a spreadsheet, and use their e-mail as an identifier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Real People - this comes from a fellow user

if you set up your typeform with all the hidden fields that you want to pass in as part of your URL string, then you should be able to concatenate all the name/value pairs from your spreadsheet into a url string that you send to the client. 

depending on how many fields you want to add onto the url as hidden fields, you could have a very long stream content flowing in your url. how much of that do you want to send across the ether?

if that is the case, you might want to look at if something like bit.ly might help in turning those long urls into something that is much shorter (in the eyes of your clients when they click the link) .. 

just a thought.. 

des