Answered

Multiple sections of quiz with variables all adding together

• 30 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Good day,

I am having trouble with the scoring adding up correctly with each separate variable for a quiz I have created. 

I have three variables for different types of questions I need to add to a specific score. 

1. Burnout 2. Trauma 3. Compassion. 

Each of the questions has been scored 1,2,3,4,5 in quiz scoring. 

It seems like my calculations have all of the score’s adding together instead of just the one that is chosen. I should have a max of 50 for a response and I am getting the final scores in the 400’s. 

Any insight on how I can fix this is greatly appreciated. I have a tight deadline and only 24 hrs to solve this. 

Thanks so much,

Terra

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 31 May 2023, 18:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @upliftlearning Thanks for stopping by! How are you adding the values to the score variable? Would you mind sending a few more screenshots on how you have your scoring setup? Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@upliftlearning - rather than adding score to the variable, use the logic rules to either add the answer value selected or specify the number of ‘points’ to add to the variable. 

then at the end, using a variable to hold the total value (not score) ie v_total - add the subtotals to the v_total and use that in your calculations

des