Answered

Need form that takes partial completion

• 4 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Good afternoon.  I am needing a form that takes partial completion.  I am replacing an old landing page and looking for alternatives that can be posted on my own site (hence TypeForm trial).  

The Problem:  There are three big steps of lead capture.  

1.)  Address

2.)  Address with email

3.)  Address with email & phone number.  

Long-story short… I need all partial leads (including the 1 or 2 questions that lead up to the phone number question).  Just an address gets postcards.  Addresses with emails gets video email (personalized and drip).  Phone numbers get texts and calls.  I need all leads, not just the ones that fill out everything.  As I understand TypeForms now, it can’t do this without putting a “submit” button on every step and possibly generating 4+ leads for every person who completes the form in its entirety.  

I saw a previous post from 8 months ago that mentioned an article that directs on how to handle this, but the link gets a 404 message.  

Please advise.  

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 4 November 2021, 22:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RedTieGuy - welcome to the community 

if your plan allows for ‘redirect upon completion’ you could have a series of forms that is essentially one question each that gets the user enter the responses and then click the button to go to the next question (ie to them it is the next question but in reality it is a separate form). you can change the ‘submit’ text on the button to read something like ‘ok next question’ 

you pass the input from the first form to the second as a hidden field in the redirect link 

when you get the second question answered, do the same again to pass to the next with both fields appended to the url as hidden fields

etc etc etc

you can connect these all to your crm or to a google sheet (a series of tabs) from typeform - and let the crm automation determine what actions to take based on what comes in. in google sheet, you would have a separate tab for each form and create an additional one to bring all the details together using a unique identifier ie address for example which seems to go across your forms. then you can send to crm a single lead record … 

just a few thoughts on how to make it work

des

That doesn’t help.  That adds an extra step between them.  

My ideal:  

1.)  Give me your address.  (sends to CRM)
2.)  Give me your email.  (sends to CRM)
3.)  Question about when selling.  (sends to CRM)
4.)  Question about home status.  (sends to CRM)
5.)  Contact info.  (sends to CRM)

Even if I removed sending 3 and 4 to CRM until question #5, it still looks like this below (as I understand it).  

1.)  Give me your address.  (sends to CRM)
2.)  Re-direct panel to the next form.  
3.)  Give me your email.  (sends to CRM)
4.)  Re-direct panel to the next form.  
5.)  Question about when selling.  
6.)  Questions about home status.  
7.)  Contact info.  (sends to CRM)

That extends my survey length by a 3rd and would drop off my cost per phone number lead.  Or am I misunderstanding the video on the forms?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

not quite 

1.)  Give me your address.  (sends to CRM and goes automatically to email page in next form)
2.)  Give me your email.  (sends to CRM and goes to next page in next form)
3.)  Question about when selling.  (sends to CRM and goes to next page/form)
4.)  Question about home status.  (sends to CRM and goes to next page/form)
5.)  Contact info.  (sends to CRM and goes to next page)

if you want it to go to the crm after each question is answered you have to hit the button that causes the submit - if you are connected to Hubspot, Keap, Active Campaign,etc. the data would be sent via the integration you have set up on the typeform on button press and the user would go to the next page. 

the biggest issue with any/most of the crm systems is that you will have to use the email field as the first thing you send to the CRM system - that is the key field for the vast majority of them and they typically  won’t create a new record without it. 

i have a real estate client and we had to go through a similar exercise to collect the email first so that we could get them through the set up in their crm system 

this example is a simple example of a redirect between two forms that is used for email confirmation to show you how it is possible to set up the details. the information is sent to a google sheet (to mimic a crm) and the second form asks for a confirmation of the email that is also sent to the google sheet where i do a ‘backend’ comparison to ensure that data matches - in the full production version there are more tabs that are linked into the same ‘record’