Answered

Need to create a form based on zip codes

• 10 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

So I have created a survey but I now need to limit to 5 specific area codes. If they don't live in these specific areas, they are not eligible to take the survey. What Is the best way to do this? Thank you all in advance!

icon

Best answer by qualitymove 16 March 2021, 22:11

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@qualitymove - from a user here

in the new buider, you could ask the user a couple of questions to ‘filter’ if they are in the locales specified along the lines of:

• a short text field to get their first name
  • a short multiple choice question that lists the 5 area codes and ‘other’ option - (or a short number question where you ask them for their area code) 
  • a logic/branching rule associated with the second question: 
    • for the multiple choice - if they chose ‘other’ then they go to and ending page that says sorry, you are not in the area codes with which we deal and for the other answers (1-5) go to the next question in the survey
    • for the number question, use logic statement along the lines of If q2 answer is 416 or 519 or …. last good area code, then go to next question. all other answers go to ending page and ‘cya’

just a quick response on how it could be approached simply.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes! @john.desborough ‘s idea is great. 

This isn’t the exact same setup, but the solution could work. I created a video in the post below about filtering out different email domains, which you could also do with zipcodes, too. 

Hopefully that setup gives you some options!

Userlevel 1

Thank you both for the replies, and ideas. I will give both a shot and see which works best. I appreciate you both for taking the time for(m)e.  ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Of course! Let us know how it goes, @qualitymove !

Userlevel 1

Hi Liz!

Should I use the short answer option to submit multiple zip codes in csv format or is there a better method? I notice the number option specifically says “not zip codes”. Thank you!

Beto

p.s. Nice Mean Girls reference!

Userlevel 1

I figured out the answer by adding the zip codes individually as an if/or statement and it worked wonderfully. Thanks again for your guidance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

glad that worked, @qualitymove !