Answered

Not showing all of my scale points on the screen

Userlevel 1

Hi!

I put together a survey question with ~25 items/statements and a 7-point Likert-type agreement scale

I have 2 questions:

1. Not all of my scale points appear on the top - they have to scroll sideways to see the last scale point (and they can do this only if they scroll all the way to the bottom first) - is there away to ensure all scale points are visible at the top?
  2. Is there a way to “move” the scale as they scroll down so they are constantly aware of the scale points rather than have to scroll back up or rely on their memory?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Liz 15 July 2022, 19:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RICL Thanks for stopping by the community! Do you mind sending a few screenshots of what you’re seeing or the form URL? Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi Liz, 

Here you go: 

1. The most right hand scale point “Always” doesn’t appear - so for participants it seems like the scale ends at “very frequently”.
  2. the side scroll bar doesn’t appear either, rather it only appears when they are at the very bottom of the question see image #2).

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you! Do you have the form embedded? And do you mind sharing the URL so I can test it, @RICL ? It looks like it might be browser related. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Liz, 

Thank you, I don’t think i have the survey embedded - what does that mean?

I’d prefer not to share the survey link here due to confidentiality issues - is there another way?

Thanks again 

Anat (RICL)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RICL If you have the form added to your website, that would be embedding it, but it sounds like that might not be the case. You can read more about embedding here

If the form isn’t embedded, it could be the length of the text on both sides of the matrix block. Without being able to see it live, it’s a little difficult to tell, but you can also contact our support team directly here to share the URL privately and have them take a look too.