Answered

Open Link on Thank you page in a new Tab/window

• 26 February 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hello community,

I have a small problem I cannot figure out myself.

I have three different thank you pages, all with a different button linked to different URLs. 

When the buttons are clicked the links open in the same window. However, this isn’t what i want.

Can i configure the buttons, so that the urls open in a new tab or window?

Thank you everyone

Daniel

icon

Best answer by Mariana 26 February 2021, 09:58

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @daniel. Happy Friday! 😊 

At the moment it's not possible to customize how links open at the moment. This means you cannot open the URL from the buttons in a new tab/window but I agree, this would be a useful feature. Would you mind sharing what use case it would help you with? Is there any specific reason why you're willing to open it in a new tab? It would be useful to know :) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hello @Mariana,

Thanks for your reply.

We are building a typeform to get feedback after users signed a petition. Based on their outcome they will be asked to either share a link, donate or print a pdf. 

However, we have more important information on the same page below the embedded typeform. So we don’t want users to leave this page and miss the content below. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Mariana,

Thanks for your reply.

We are building a typeform to get feedback after users signed a petition. Based on their outcome they will be asked to either share a link, donate or print a pdf. 

However, we have more important information on the same page below the embedded typeform. So we don’t want users to leave this page and miss the content below. 

@daniel is it possible to include the important details below the embedded typeform on a separate web page, driving traffic to your website and additional information? It might create an opportunity to continue the discussion, broaden the relationship or keep the conversation going. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing that @daniel, and thanks for posting your suggestion @vickioneill. That's super useful!

I could also think of a workaround that might work! You can use hyperlinks instead of adding the link to the button. Hyperlinks open in a new tab. 🙂 Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thanks @Mariana. That’s exactly what I did. 

:thumbsup_tone2:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Perfect, @daniel! Glad to hear that :)

Hi community,

We’re new here and have a question: we understand that on the ‘thank you’ page we can add any hyperlink we want to direct them to another page. Could this be a button? And we could direct them to, for example, our Google MyBusiness page without a problem?

Thank you!

Michiel

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michiel that’s a great question! You could change the button shown below to link to a different page. Would that work? 

Thanks a lot @Liz. Would it also be possible to add 2 buttons at the end if we would want them to choose between 2 options (send survey or go to Google review)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HI @Michiel Our ending screens only currently have one button, but I can share this feedback with product for you. You could add a hyperlink in there, too, which isn’t the best solution but hopefully a workaround. 

It seems that hyperlinks open in a new tab on your desktop, but not when accessing via mobile. I’ve created a mental health awareness tool that has links signposting help resources. The problem is, if people follow the links, they fall out of the Typeform.

Please help!

I see this was about a year ago … I was trying to do this today (have multiple choice answers linking to URLs).  Is this possible yet?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @David Saviola Yes, it is! You can find out more on how to direct your respondents to different URLs based on their answers here